Railroad crossing

Help Support CattleToday:

2barmcattle

Reaction score
Was going over the tracks headed out to feed with my trailer attached. I slowed over the tracks to make sure my trailer(7x24 stock) cleared the huge hump/hill in the tracks and the crossing gates dropped on my pickup. The front one on my hood and the back one on top of my truck. Saw a train a ways out and I backed up and jack knifed my trailer which broke my back window, damaged my tailgate, both sides of my bed was dented, my hood was dented and the top of my truck was scratched. Called to file a claim with U.P. Like that will do any good. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

That means the rest of the week will be just fine. :banana: :banana:

Man, I'm sorry to hear about that. That's a rough time of it for sure, lets hope murphy travels on...

Sorry about the bad luck. Knew a guy that had horses and five of them got out onto the tracks, then were hit by one of the trains. Railroad paid off like a slot machine. Hope yours does, too.

Wow that sucks, but......looks like someone is getting a new flat bed! :banana: I would go with hydra, or cannonball.

I got FB fever, does it show? :D

Isomade":heghiliz said:
Wow that sucks, but......looks like someone is getting a new flat bed! :banana: I would go with hydra, or cannonball.

I got FB fever, does it show? :D

Read my mind!!!!!

Sorry about the bad luck . I got a new bed the other day my self . Been waiting 3 years finally talked my self into it . Best thing I ever did . I have all my tools in the boxes . I bought the j and I bed with the 3 inch fenders .

Heck, I didn't get off the tracks in time. Train cut my truck in 3 peices, threw the motor out the fender, me through the windshield, and I landed 60 feet from point of impact in a mudhole. No broken bones, no internal injuries. THAT was a good week. gs

Never thought of that DB, why didn't I just step out of the truck? DUM DUM DUMmmm Only had to move 5' to get out of the way. Is that something like if the airplane is gonna' hit the ground, just jump up in the air before it hits the ground? Anyone can jump and survive if they only jump 2' in the air. gs

plumber_greg":1b9i7x7y said:
Never thought of that DB, why didn't I just step out of the truck? DUM DUM DUMmmm Only had to move 5' to get out of the way. Is that something like if the airplane is gonna' hit the ground, just jump up in the air before it hits the ground? Anyone can jump and survive if they only jump 2' in the air. gs
My trouble would be the timing. :cowboy: .....ive heard that the horror on people faces when being struck by a train haunts those engineers

.....ive heard that the horror on people faces when being struck by a train haunts those engineers[/quote]

I can see how that would be true. I had a young girl of 17 years ago ran a red light in a rural area and ran her car underneath my trailer just behind the dolly's.There was no way I could stop an 18 wheeler with 40,000 pound payload.It was not pretty.

Cal

Latest posts