Ragweed

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Ragweed has been resistant to round up this year it curls over then pops back up. I mixed it extremely hot does the same. It use to control it well with round up guess I'll ad 24,d that should teach it a lesson. Anyone have this issue?

Ragweed has been resistant to round up this year it curls over then pops back up. I mixed it extremely hot does the same. It use to control it well with round up guess I'll ad 24,d that should teach it a lesson. Anyone have this issue?
I am deathly allergic to it like people are to poison ivy.
I use a mix of remedy and 2-4-D is what I have the best luck with.

Put me in anaphylactic shock if I get into the pollen and don't have prednisone.
Do you carry an Epi pen?

I started allergy injections two years ago, 46 years old now. Life changing. I was a highly functioning benadryl addict spring and fall, now I can live life.

You need to be careful with exposing people to 2,4-D if you use it. I know people that are very allergic to 2,4-D and I am one of them. A 5 minute exposure results in memory loss, headache, severe joint pain and other, depending on the person (or likely other animals) that are exposed.

At 67, I have yet to see anyone successfully eradicate any weeds using sprays. However proper grazing will change your soil biology so that they don't come back. If your cattle are so messed up they don't eat it pack them in on it until they bed down. Between the trampling and fertilization when the cattle get up, you will be farther ahead than spraying or burning. Chances are, bet dem down on it once and they will start eating it.

You need to be careful with exposing people to 2,4-D if you use it. I know people that are very allergic to 2,4-D and I am one of them. A 5 minute exposure results in memory loss, headache, severe joint pain and other, depending on the person (or likely other animals) that are exposed.
Yep I have an applicators license.

At 67, I have yet to see anyone successfully eradicate any weeds using sprays. However proper grazing will change your soil biology so that they don't come back. If your cattle are so messed up they don't eat it pack them in on it until they bed down. Between the trampling and fertilization when the cattle get up, you will be farther ahead than spraying or burning. Chances are, bet dem down on it once and they will start eating it.
Not sure where you are but... Where I am they frown upon you letting your cattle out along the roadway to eat and trample weeds. Thats a new grazing technique I'll pass on.

Not sure where you are but... Where I am they frown upon you letting your cattle out along the roadway to eat and trample weeds. Thats a new grazing technique I'll pass on.
Don't have much ragweed or horseweed (giant ragweed) in pastures here, road ditches are where they're thick. I can't graze roads here either.

Mine are along the road as we speak with a 10 joule energizer doing the heavy lifting. The cattle will be back 'on premises' later
and 'on the road again' after church tomorrow. Lightly travelled gravel before you ask.... For the most part I agree with Kinford
although it requires a modicum of hands on involvement.

Can anyone find a reason I shouldn't try that new technique?

Attachments

• IMG_20210828_173319091.jpg
    IMG_20210828_173319091.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20210828_173355204.jpg
    IMG_20210828_173355204.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20210828_171136708.jpg
    IMG_20210828_171136708.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 27
Mine are along the road as we speak with a 10 joule energizer doing the heavy lifting. The cattle will be back 'on premises' later
and 'on the road again' after church tomorrow. Lightly travelled gravel before you ask.... For the most part I agree with Kinford
although it requires a modicum of hands on involvement.
0 issue with pasture weeds

Latest posts