Question for the lever action gurus.

Help Support CattleToday:

Many years ago I bought a lever action Winchester at a pawn shop. $35. The rear site could be popped up and the sight slid up and down for elevation. Best I remember it was a 35 Remington cartridge been a long time. Any way it would shoot any where it decided to. The bore was smooth. I took it to a gun smith and he said yes I can produce new rifling in it. To come back in two to three weeks. Went back the gun was gone and the gunsmith swore he had never seen me. Also the magazine did not all the way to the end of the barrel but about half way between end of barrel and stock. One of the lives lessons I learned when young was always get a receipt when leaving something for someone to work on. I have never seen another rifle like it in catalogs or any where else.

hurleyjd":1hz7jopn said:
Many years ago I bought a lever action Winchester at a pawn shop. $35. The rear site could be popped up and the sight slid up and down for elevation. Best I remember it was a 35 Remington cartridge been a long time. Any way it would shoot any where it decided to. The bore was smooth. I took it to a gun smith and he said yes I can produce new rifling in it. To come back in two to three weeks. Went back the gun was gone and the gunsmith swore he had never seen me. Also the magazine did not all the way to the end of the barrel but about half way between end of barrel and stock. One of the lives lessons I learned when young was always get a receipt when leaving something for someone to work on. I have never seen another rifle like it in catalogs or any where else.

That was the Eastern Model.
Look like this one?
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =459823051

hurleyjd":1s303q4i said:

Darn man that's a shame. I don't suppose you got a chance to buy him lunch............a knuckle sandwich! :nod:

Latest posts