Question - cost per acre lease

Help Support CattleToday:

chippie

Reaction score
I am curious about leasing prices. My family has been having a discussion about it.

What is the average cost per acre per year in your area? Please let me know how many acres too.

Thanking you in advance.

chippie":wgbcky0w said:
I am curious about leasing prices. My family has been having a discussion about it.

What is the average cost per acre per year in your area? Please let me know how many acres too.

Thanking you in advance.

I lease 25 acres of hayfield for twenty an acre.

chippie":4gs7wi1f said:

Thanking you in advance.
Out here in the Intermountain region most pasture or range is rented on a per head or per AUM (animal unit month) basis. Rental grazing per AUM in our area runs about $15/AUM. An AUM is pasture or range needed to run one animal unit for one month.

Our irrigated pasture yields 8-11 AUM/acre, so that would be equivalent to $120 to $165/acre. Our rangeland runs about .3 to .5 AUM/acre (that is one acre would feed one animal unit for 9 to 15 days annually) so the equivalent per acre rental rate would be $4.50 to $7.50/acre annually.

We do some custom grazing charging $22/AUM or about $25/cow-calf pair.

JR

we lease a guy 40acs of pasture for $10 an ac.an thats way to cheap.land around us if you can find it goes for $20 to $25 an ac.we sale hay off a meadow for $5 a bale standing.will prolly pull the lease on pace this year.as well as selling standing hay.

I lease few farms a couple are just pasture and some are combination pasture and hayfields
1-35 acre place just pasture is $400 per yr

1-140 acre place about even on pasture and timber I pay $1600 per yr

1-350 acre place which has pasture and 150 acres of hayfields I pay $8000 pr yr plus 250 small square bales of hay pr yr

We also lease some ground just to maintain it lime, fert and fencing

I pay $10.00 per acre for 85 acres of mixed grasses unimproved, $15.00 per acre for 35 acres of Tifton 85. I gave up 200 acres when the land lord went from $10.00 to $25.00 for unimproved pasture that was 75% woods and brush. Brought that for deer hunting and I don't hunt.

i pay 800 yr for woods /past/weeds.......bout 40 acres....new fence.....pond.....bout 20 acres of its eatible maybe....connected to land i own i bought from the guy i lease from helps tho..for me.and he knows it

around here pasture will go for $25/ac and up, hay fields from $30-$60 depending on size and location, non-irrigated cropland from $50-$75 and most irrigated land is $125 and up.

I live here in east texas I pay $ 10 to 20 an acre These are uninproved I've heard of more being higher. I've had 1 pasture for 9 years. The rest about 3 years All total about a 100 acres

George

Latest posts