Quaker Hill Farms Auction

Help Support CattleToday:

I watched some of the auction. I agree that most of the cattle looked pretty sorry. But they also brought sorry prices. Seemed like it was not a very well run sale either especially for anyone who was bidding based on the telecast. Maybe it would have been better if I had the sale book in front of me. It seemed like there were animals from several different farms not just a couple. I think Tom Burke (sale manager) tends to do that sometimes. I was suprised that Quaker Hill let in so much poor quality, almost makes them look bad also.

TNMasterBeefProducer on Mon May 26, 2008 8:58 pm

Alot of those cattle they sold didnt look worth a crap. Especially the ones from Stoney Fork Angus.

TN,

Shows your cattle grading skills. The better cattle in the sale were consigned by Stoney Fork. The market is very soft right now, but don't equate price into quality every time. The VRD x 2424 is as good of cow as will sell all year long.

krenwic

I'm not really interested in YOUR program or YOUR weights. Just don't get caught being barn blind is all I was saying. I am unaware of any weights that were available to the TV veiwer, so can you judge weights within 50 lbs. by looking through the tube? If so, then the Tom and Jerry show might have a job for you!

krenwic

p.s. Mr McClung has lost sight of what a cow is supposed be like anyway from they way his program is headed. He must have made that statement years ago.

Latest posts