Purina Cattle Limiter

Help Support CattleToday:

Deen I assume your talking about the Accuration. They make several different variations but all use fish oil as the limiter. Lots of folks in our area use it. One is a 32% protein, 9% fat, 4% fiber but I'm sure they have lower protein products. All contain a significant amount of Urea but are well fortiifed and good products. Intake will be 3-4 lbs. per head per day. Only con I can think of is that is awfully expensive and if you get it on your hands you're gonna smell like tuna fish. :lol2:

TexasBred":38e25tbw said:
Deen I assume your talking about the Accuration. They make several different variations but all use fish oil as the limiter. Lots of folks in our area use it. One is a 32% protein, 9% fat, 4% fiber but I'm sure they have lower protein products. All contain a significant amount of Urea but are well fortiifed and good products. Intake will be 3-4 lbs. per head per day. Only con I can think of is that is awfully expensive and if you get it on your hands you're gonna smell like tuna fish. :lol2:

its been a while since i fed accuration, but if i remember correctly it's not a complete feed. don't you blend it with rolled corn and control intake with the ratio of corn vs. accuration? i.e. intake on a 80/20 ration would be less than 85/15 ration? i think this is correct. last year a neighbor used it for a 120 day feed test ration on bulls. a couple weighed in at 1250 lbs. as yearlings - but i don't know what their weight was going on test.

ROB

ROB they make both. Some are complete feeds and some or supplement or "Blender Pellets". Some are loose and some are pelletized. They make a whole sack full of products under the name "Accuration". The one I mentioned is basically nothing but corn, rice bran, soybean meal, urea, vitamins and minerals.... along with that stinking fish oil. :roll: Camp Cooley ranch in Franklin, Texas uses a lot of it in their program.

I've been using accuration on our bulls for the past 3 years and they seem to do quite well on it. 80/20 is what we feed.

I think this is the same stuff I am using. Is it basically like a steer feed, but rations the bull so that he only eats so much. What i feed is Corn/Accuration and free fed hay.

I have used it as low as 10% accuration / 90% corn. Still too expensive for most operations. The price per ton and the feed conversion are both issues.

Can you tell us a bit regarding the cost? We have our meeting with our local feed company by the end of the week. I wanted to be a little prepared when we sat down to discuss these new fish oil limiter accuration pellets. Last year, we used the liquid accuration, and we got results. We are wanting to address the costs and what other programs might benefit our stockers we raise.

RiddleCattleCo":3oswsiqr said:
Can you tell us a bit regarding the cost? We have our meeting with our local feed company by the end of the week. I wanted to be a little prepared when we sat down to discuss these new fish oil limiter accuration pellets. Last year, we used the liquid accuration, and we got results. We are wanting to address the costs and what other programs might benefit our stockers we raise.
Haven't priced any of the Accuration products in a while but I'd guess that if you're buying it by the bag it would be near that $10 figure. Buying it bulk would be $30 or 40 a ton less.

The best price I could find was 13.80 a bag for two tons. I plan to mix with ground ear corn 30/70 to raise bull calves.

alabama":11xs5z43 said:
The best price I could find was 13.80 a bag for two tons. I plan to mix with ground ear corn 30/70 to raise bull calves.

Wow....pricey.. what is the protein on that product Alabama?

Thanks Bama...the high protein, fat and "limiter" better explains the higher cost per bag. Depending on price of corn should be around $300 per ton.

I won't know the price of the corn untill I get it pulled. The rain missed us yesterday and the leaves are starting to curl. We will just have to see how much it makes.
Until i get the corn in and ground i will mix with soy huls and corn glutin.

Latest posts