PT dairy Job

Help Support CattleToday:

cattlepower

Reaction score
Got a chance to maybe work at a local dairy PT and they're asking me about career objectives? I haven't thought about like that before--you think they're trying to weed out people or something? I was going to tell them to own my own beef cattle farm one day and maybe have some ownership in the dairy. You think the dairy part is too aggressive?

Why not just be yourself and tell them the truth.
That way if you don't get the job, it's their loss, not yours.

If you don't fit their expectations IMO you are better off not getting the job.
There are plenty of jobs out there so just move on until you find the job you really want.
Pete

They just want to see if you have enough upstairs to be responsible. Meaning able to get out of bed and get to work everyday on time ..... Clear headed and not hungover. In short where do you fall between being an "ace" and a bum. Just be honest.

cattlepower":17rdue6y said:
Got a chance to maybe work at a local dairy PT and they're asking me about career objectives? I haven't thought about like that before--you think they're trying to weed out people or something? I was going to tell them to own my own beef cattle farm one day and maybe have some ownership in the dairy. You think the dairy part is too aggressive?

I would not say anything about that unless the owner specifically mentioned the opportunity. It could be offensive.
If I were hiring someone to help on the farm and the person mentioned part ownership of our place, I would say "good bye".

chippie":1kerdiy9 said:
cattlepower":1kerdiy9 said:

I would not say anything about that unless the owner specifically mentioned the opportunity. It could be offensive.
If I were hiring someone to help on the farm and the person mentioned part ownership of our place, I would say "good bye".

Well, too late I already did it. Oh well, if I don't get the job then God didn't want me to have it and life goes on.

That's right, if you ask for god to lead you and have you where he wants you, then whatever happens is going to work out, the main thing is asking and having faith that he will send you where you need to be.

The employer wants to know why you want to work for them. This is a chance for you to show an interest in their business, declare your enthusiasm for the type of work you are applying to do and your desire for the experience that you will gain there. This is the opportunity to show you want the job for much more than the pay check. Show interest in the position to illustrate your value and eagerness to perform the job. The employer wants to know why you want to work for them and how the company can benefit from having you as an employee.

Latest posts