pros and cons of castration

Help Support CattleToday:

Craig-TX":2a4c1y7b said:
You folks are more advanced than we ever were. All my growing up days we just used a pocket knife. Very sharp (at least in the morning) but still just a pocket knife.

Craig-TX
Agreed Craig. Pocket knife is also good for eating your apple at lunch.

ollie":4g7dp0q9 said:
Craig-TX":4g7dp0q9 said:
You folks are more advanced than we ever were. All my growing up days we just used a pocket knife. Very sharp (at least in the morning) but still just a pocket knife.

Craig-TX

Right on both counts. But don't forget cleaning your finger and toe nails.

dun

We hired a French guy in once to help us with the castrating. The first day, while we were out cutting the sheep, he asked what was for supper, so I told him we were having sheep fries. The second day we were out cutting the bulls, and he asked what was for supper and I told him we were having bull fries. The third morning he got up and asked what we were having for supper and I told him tonight was french fries. I never saw him again, didn't even stop in to get his paycheque. :roll:

dun":3ar1ska1 said:
ollie":3ar1ska1 said:
Craig-TX":3ar1ska1 said:

Craig-TX

Right on both counts. But don't forget cleaning your finger and toe nails.

dun
Not really a matter of being advanced. I had two pocketknives. My work knife (found it on the road, it had a broke handle) I used for things like cutting rope and baling wire. So it was not real sharp.
I didn't want to use my good Barlow knife for castrating because I wanted to keep the edge keen in case it was needed for Saturday night social work. This is how I got started using other types of blades.

CattleRack Rancher........The third morning he got up and asked what we were having for supper and I told him tonight was french fries. I never saw him again, didn't even stop in to get his paycheque.

.............................................................................................................

I WAS SCARED OK...........REAL SCARED...........YOU GUYS WERE WAY TOO HANDY WITH THAT KNIFE :lol: :lol:

txshowmom":3k9wx8v8 said:
I wanted to keep the edge keen in case it was needed for Saturday night social work

What would that be?

If interested in the subject, go to
Amazon.com
Search for Pistols and Politics by Samuel C. Hyde
Scroll down and read reviews.

This was all before my time of course, but there was still a lot of "bleed" over.

I WAS SCARED OK...........REAL SCARED...........YOU GUYS WERE WAY TOO HANDY WITH THAT KNIFE

Yep. Come on down to D + D's cattle surgery emporium. Just one visit and we'll guarantee that those nasty testicles will never bother you again. :lol: :lol:

Latest posts