priefort ponderosa fencing?

Help Support CattleToday:

cowpair2

Reaction score
has any body had put up priefert pondersoa fence? if you have how has it held up and what do you think about it? thinking about putting some around my house to keep cows out of yard.

Seen some up the road at a dentist's place. Looks good till a tree falls on it. Too high dollar for me.
"prices start at $11.50/ft"

Priced some, and for a small total 145' pen it was going to be $2000+...I will save my pennies and buy oil field pipe and sucker rod.

What is it? Around here some of the farm stores are selling treated poplars 1x6x16 for about $6 ea.
About 5 of those high on treated posts would make a nice looking fence IMO for around $3/ft.

i live in ne texas and a lot of people are putting this type fence up. yes, is a little higher than pipe and probably not as stout as pipe but a whole lot less maintaince. you can see fence @ priefertfence.com/ponderosa.php

This is my first post so here goes! I have 700ft of the priefert fence on my place and seems to hold up very well. I paid about $10 a linear foot, but done all the installation myself and it is pretty tough! The cows don't seem to push on it as much as barbwire and T-posts.

thanks coalburner for your reply. I have a little over 700 ft also that i am putting in. I got a little better deal ,getting it put in for 11.50 a linear ft. pipe fence with mesh or 3 rail fence will cost 10-12 dollars a ft for it. probably sturder but more up keep.