Priefert Squeeze Chutes

Help Support CattleToday:

sstterry":35pn3s2h said:
For those of you that have researched it, what is the difference between the Priefert models S04 and S0191?

$1000-$1200 bucks.

Edited to add: I misread your original question. Size and strength as well as weight would be correct as well. Also the SO4 is more operator friendly. All the levers that control various functions can be worked by one person standing in one spot. The SO4 has been on my want list for some time but so far I haven't pulled the trigger bc there always seems to be something else I need worse.

On the SO191 if you get the auto head gate option they work good......I have had cows that weighed 1600 and a bull 2200 through mine as it has the auto gate if lubed works great.

SO4

Specs ~
Lubricate infinite locks with light oil (i.e. original WD-40). DO NOT use heavy oil or any oil with Teflon or silicon additives.
Overall Height: 80"
Overall Length: 94.5"
Overall Width (including handles): 53"
Weight: 1210 lbs (All weights approximate)
Inside Height: 62.5" (Floor to inside top of the tailgate frame)
Inside Length: 87"
Inside Width: 24" at the Belly Pipe, 30" at the bend of the contoured side panels
Comes standard with the HG91 Manual/Automatic Headgate
Includes Head Chain (HC)
Dip Painted Priefert Blue

SO191

Specs ~
Lubricate infinite locks with light oil (i.e. original WD-40). DO NOT use heavy oil or any oil with Teflon or silicon additives.
Overall Height: 78"
Overall Length: 90"
Overall Width: 42"
Weight: 976 lbs (All weights approximate)
Inside Height: 57"
Inside Length: 81"
Inside Width: 23" at the Belly Pipe, 28"" at the bend of the contoured side panels
Comes standard with the HG91 Manual Headgate
Includes Head Chain (HC)

3LWToee.jpg

Vet highly recommended NOT buying a Prefiert when I asked him opinion. He suggested Cowco instead. I'm not ready to buy yet but have some more research to do, but going to be hard to go against word of man working, breeding, and everything under the sun to do with cows for the last 40-50 yrs …..

torogmc81":2peq21l9 said:
Vet highly recommended NOT buying a Prefiert when I asked him opinion. He suggested Cowco instead. I'm not ready to buy yet but have some more research to do, but going to be hard to go against word of man working, breeding, and everything under the sun to do with cows for the last 40-50 yrs …..
Cowco is a good chute, it's built very similar to an Arrow. The Arrow has a few features that makes it better IMO.
The Farm show in Louisville is a good place to see different chutes, and the manufacturers are trying to sell their products.

jltrent":2sg6lo35 said:
On the SO191 if you get the auto head gate option they work good......I have had cows that weighed 1600 and a bull 2200 through mine as it has the auto gate if lubed works great.

SO4

Specs ~
Inside Width: 24" at the Belly Pipe, 30" at the bend of the contoured side panels
Includes Head Chain (HC)

SO191

Specs ~
Inside Width: 23" at the Belly Pipe, 28"" at the bend of the contoured side panels
Includes Head Chain (HC)

3LWToee.jpg

The S0191 is "The Rancher" chute with the Model 91 headgate, which operates in manual or automatic mode. This upgrade makes the S0191 a popular choice for ranchers. *

jltrent said:

SO4

Specs ~
Includes Head Chain (HC)

SO191

Specs ~
Includes Head Chain (HC)

3LWToee.jpg
[/ I bet if you took a picture in a complete circle, it would have a chain saw in it :D

I have an S04. I like it. I have a couple cows that are too big. One cannot get in. She is too wide. If I were buying a new one, I might get something different but it has not failed me.

Bought an S04 last year, no complaints about the squeeze chute or how it functions. There were some neat features on other brands like Arrow but they are also quite a bit more expensive. It depends on your needs. I am a fan of the auto catch on the Priefert. I have a couple videos on here of it working if you search back.

I have an SO1 "Rancher" and I have been pretty happy with it but haven't used it a lot. I've ran 300 lb calves through it and a 2000 lb Hereford bull a few weeks ago. It has the same 191 headgate the SO4 has.

Latest posts