Priefert SO4 with Trailer Review

Help Support CattleToday:

That one in the chute that is next in line seems to be watching to make sure you know how to work this new piece of machinery.

The floor will not be as slick after you run a few dozen head. One other observation, you have the squeeze area adjusted down to where it is pretty narrow. Maybe a wider spacing will allow the catch to work better. Seems to me to be a little tight for those bigger cows.

bird dog":1n0gqqzf said:
That one in the chute that is next in line seems to be watching to make sure you know how to work this new piece of machinery.

The floor will not be as slick after you run a few dozen head. One other observation, you have the squeeze area adjusted down to where it is pretty narrow. Maybe a wider spacing will allow the catch to work better. Seems to me to be a little tight for those bigger cows.

She photobombed my pic. :)

I've ran about 60 head thru it so far. It did see to not be as slick on the heifers today. We will see how it is when I get done with the spring vaccinating.

Its surprising how big the chute actually is. I had the handle squeezed all the way down to grab those heifers and it was on the 3rd notch from the outside. If I was another notch out they would have been a little loose. With the Brahmans I try to keep the bottom as narrow as possible and squeeze them asap so they don't lay down on me. Most of the cows need it to be one notch in to squeeze them good. It definitely moves the cattle off center when you slide in to that 3rd one . It cocks their head to the side of their body. Your probably right. It does seem to make it easier for them to slide back.

It would be nice if the width adjustment was on the opposite side of the squeeze side or if both sides squeezed. Not sure how that would work with the side open though.

I pull my S04 at 55 mph on a regular basis without any issues. The trick is picking the right hole on the front of the chute and only running 12 lbs of pressure in the tires. I use the third hole from the top, and the tongue is tilted down a little. I think you would find it a LOT easier hooking the wishbone trailer up if you put two or three PT 2x8 boards under the chute when you drop the chute. One man can easily hook it back up. Yes, the tires suck. I changed them out with a set of tires off my old Jeep. Low air pressure is key. 12 pounds. Works great now.

Latest posts