Prickly Cow Pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
So here are the before and I don't have the after but all are out and she is doing extremely well.Due to calve mid Jan.

Hopefully you can use these M.M.

IMGP0601.jpg

IMGP0605.jpg

Jo we wanted to remove the complete horn but it was July so we just took a bit off.Long story.

Gate Opener from your lips to Gods ears hopefully. The good Doc said he was at a farm on Monday where the poor guy had 20 cows that needed quills removed. Breeding season for porcupines.

Cow Cop thankfully no she had none on her tongue. I think she was just posing for her pic. ;-)

Herd health went awesome besides the fact that I crushed my hand between the head gate and sorting alley. Only a small fracture so I will live.

Every cow and heifer PREGO!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
All 79 of them. :banana: :banana: :banana:A very first for me as I have a few really old gals 16+.

I was complimented on my breeding program as well as my nutrition program by Dr.U.
So I did pat myself on the back. The husband was impressed as well.
Should have a nice tight calving season for 10 weeks and then be done for another year. That is one thing to look forward to in spite of calving in the cold and snow.

Our Springer took after one last year...took acouple of bites out of it. Darn dog looked like a Amish celery farmer...spent two hours pulling quills, some went through his tongue and lips.
Idiot did it again a few months later, not as bad this time.
DMc

~

Congrats on your Pregnancy percentage~!!
Thats better than any Acadamy Award~!!

A fractured hand is painful and inconvenient. Hope you are putting ice on it to bring the swelling down and eating lots of icecream to reduce the pain.... ;-)

Thanks for the update and photo.

we have a catahula cattle dog that will flat leave the country if she sees a pair of pliers or a leather man poor calf too i had a horse get after one that was a joke tryin to get them out

Latest posts