Price of Fescue seed

Help Support CattleToday:

Crowderfarms

Reaction score
Any of you that are planning to sow Fescue in the near future, get ready to pay for it.Due to the drought,and no production of seed, wholesale prices have doubled. I imagine we'll be seeing Fescue well over a dollar a pound.

Crowderfarms":1i0abn5f said:
Any of you that are planning to sow Fescue in the near future, get ready to pay for it.Due to the drought,and no production of seed, wholesale prices have doubled. I imagine we'll be seeing Fescue well over a dollar a pound.

I prefer to kill the stuff. I'm not smart enough to manage a herd run on fescue.

Crowderfarms":1mslzio6 said:
Wholesale prices will be over a dollar a pound by spring. Very , very short crop. Pennington usually buys 40 million pounds , this year they bought 5 million.( Missouri seed division.)

ollie":3847zhuq said:
Very , very short crop. Pennington usually buys 40 million pounds , this year they bought 5 million.( Missouri seed division.)
WOW THAT'S STEEP

What's bad is left over stock is being sold for new stock prices.IMO, that aint right. Greed at it's finest. We are paying 42.00 a bag, No Ton discounts.

I don't know where you get your seed from Crowder but most of the big seed buying companies were cleaned out and sold out before the season began. How many pounds do you need?

We have plenty, it's just the prices that gets me. We buy from several companies. We bought up a lot of last years seed. It was at this years price.When the dought in Mo. took hold, it doubled.

It is a commodity like corn, steel, etc. What is in stock follows the market. Up or down.

Just checked with my local seed merchant. Fescue a buck a pound. But, she recommended that I wait on buying seed until we see what the gov may cough up (I know, another handout) for reseeding in the droought areas.

dun

dun":2bche7nr said:
Just checked with my local seed merchant. Fescue a buck a pound. But, she recommended that I wait on buying seed until we see what the gov may cough up (I know, another handout) for reseeding in the droought areas.

dun
Rumors I hear are they are going to do a 25-75 program. They'll pay 75% and Farm owner will pay 25%.

Crowderfarms":bhsp12uv said:
dun":bhsp12uv said:

dun
Rumors I hear are they are going to do a 25-75 program. They'll pay 75% and Farm owner will pay 25%.

But we all know about rumors and opinions. There's even a rumor that elvis is dead!

dun

dun":1i3excua said:
Crowderfarms":1i3excua said:
dun":1i3excua said:

dun

But we all know about rumors and opinions. There's even a rumor that elvis is dead!

dun
Now wait a minute Dun, I swear I saw the "Kang" working at a local Crystals the other day, fryin up Gut Busters.

Crowderfarms":13zzdvb7 said:
dun":13zzdvb7 said:
Crowderfarms":13zzdvb7 said:
dun":13zzdvb7 said:

dun

dun
Now wait a minute Dun, I swear I saw the "Kang" working at a local Crystals the other day, fryin up Gut Busters.

That's what I said, a rumor. I think he's been seen more in the past 30 years then he was before he supposedly died

dun

The big seed outfits have been rolling lots of big trucks into Missouri from the Willamete (sp) valley. Several Million pounds. If it wasn't for that no telling what fescue would be.

Latest posts