premise I.D.

Help Support CattleToday:

Bama, what info are they wanting? Is it just a number and birth date per animal unit? or more?
What I understood for MO. the number is more a producer number than a premise number. Animals owned by you are entered under your number even if they are on lease property not physically connected to your property. Also multi property owners just register the address they use as a residence not each property.

do you suppose the sale barns will start tagging when it manadtory? and charging per head? like bangs testing they will have to run them through the head gate. i tag all of mine anyway, but i know alot of people who don't.

The only info they want is just the number. They don't care age, color, breed, sex or anything. They said to think of it as a social security number for a animal. Course all of this may change.

Bama":2vwlsef6 said:
The biggest problem I had with it is You can't track your calf through the system. He said there will be people out there that will do that for you FOR A FEE!! :mad:

Well, if I have to pay for the data, I will never see it unless I am running registered stock (in case a buyer want it). I certainly will not pay for it with commercial cattle. I am personally leaning strongly toward ignoring this completely until the deadline. If I get the tag number back I would have the age, sex, breed, dam, sire, etc in my own records. It would be too damn confusing (especially for a large produer) to have to input all that data into each calve's electronic tag (though the technology already exists)..

The only thing on the tag is a 15 digit number. Right now the user can't change anything on the tag.

Latest posts