pregnant

Help Support CattleToday:

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":3cm2cg8b said:
While you are hoping for a purebred/registered litter there have been 36 pups born to face an uncertain home.
Some went as pets to my kids friends, co-workers took a few for their kids, couple went to hunters for deer dogs, I didn't take any to the pound or dumped them. They were all given to individuals that were happy to take them. So I hope this clears up your concern of an uncertain home.

I see all the time in the paper "LabX______(any other breed))." or better yet the ones that breed poodles to another breed then make it sound designer and put a high price on it. You see this in small breeds all the time. Take a cross that should be accidental, give it a name other than mutt, and sell it for $500. This is planned AND sanctioned by people all over everyday. I am all for spaying and neutering, but free mutt pups have the same risk and benefits as the others ~ unlike the others, they are priced accordingly.

Mahoney, I am proud of you for pointing out that fact that all those puppies did not need to be born. Jfont, while you may have found homes for those puppies, other puppies were out there who didn't find homes. Being animal owners we have the responsibility to spay and neuter our pets. And just as several people have pointed out, whether its cattle or dogs, just because they are purebred dosen't mean they have to be reproduced. Irresponsible, indiscriminate breeding of animals is what fuels the groups like PETA. 5min, Shame on you for being so rude.

Female dogs seem to really cycle fast. We have a pure blue heeler tha has had litter afer litter after litter. And she has HUGE litters! 13, 12, 11, 10, and now 13 again. It seems like she cycles realy fast after having pups. We try to keep her and our male apart, but with four little cowboys running in and out of the house, they usually find each other. I hate to keep her penned up too. I think we are going to have to fix her after this. It is too hard to keep them apart. But I am like you. She isn't registered, but they produce the nicest pups that people really like. We have had lots of repeat customers. Anyway, I really don't have any great advice for you. Just wanted to let you know that there is a poor soul like you having lots of pups due the female cycling so fast.

Get the lab neutered and buy a registered catahoula male from working bloodlines. A good catahoula worth his salt will be dog aggressive to strange dogs approaching his/her terriority and the dog should attempt to kill/drive away any interlopers.

BTW what happened to those 36 half catahoula puppys? It aint PETA to ask that. Unplaned pregnancys don't always work out for the best.. So I repete WHAT HAPPENED TO THOSE UNPLANED UNWANTED PUPPYS. ALL 36 OF THEM.. pound? shotgun? frendly farmers place in the middle of the night? didn't bother to give them their shots so they all died of parvo? What,pray tell, did you do with 36 unplaned,unwanted puppys.

peg4x4":24b4nn05 said:
BTW what happened to those 36 half catahoula puppys? It aint PETA to ask that. Unplaned pregnancys don't always work out for the best.. So I repete WHAT HAPPENED TO THOSE UNPLANED UNWANTED PUPPYS. ALL 36 OF THEM.. pound? shotgun? frendly farmers place in the middle of the night? didn't bother to give them their shots so they all died of parvo? What,pray tell, did you do with 36 unplaned,unwanted puppys.
jfont is Cajun ~ he and his lovely wife threw them in a big pot and ate them, tails and all :eek: , at a big festival down at the fish camps where they were wearing costumes (the people, not the pups). A great time was had by all, and the stew (while a little spicy by my standards) turned out to be quite a hit! :clap:

angie":2mii7fk8 said:
peg4x4":2mii7fk8 said:
jfont is Cajun ~ he and his lovely wife threw them in a big pot and ate them, tails and all :eek: , at a big festival down at the fish camps where they were wearing costumes (the people, not the pups). A great time was had by all, and the stew (while a little spicy by my standards) turned out to be quite a hit! :clap:
Well,as long as they were useful to someone for something..............

My wife has raised and shown Alaskan Malamutes for almost 30 years. We know full well about PETA, their agenda, and their wicked ways. We also know that irresponsible dog owners are a major problem that makes everyone look bad in some people's eyes.

jfont- If you have a purebred dog that you want bred, that's fine, but to let her be exposed 3 different times, resulting in 3 unwanted pregnancies and 36 pups is not responsible. You may have given them to good homes, or thought you did, but how can you be sure? Have you checked on all 36? Were these pups spayed and neutered, or are they also being allowed to run loose, bringing more unwanted and unneeded pups into the world? Nothing against you personally, but this type of thing has to stop somewhere. Please be more responsible in the future.

5minpins- Mahoney was right on the money with his concern. I think any reasonable person would agree. There are lots of irresponsible pet owners out there. Just because someone expresses concern over that doesn't mean they agree with PETA or HSUS, and for you to say that is ludicrous. You overreacted and you should apologize.

Latest posts