Praying

Help Support CattleToday:

HerefordSire":1ubwtxye said:
Reminds me of some people that are unemployed so they pray asking for a job. Please bring me a job, I will do anything. The person never gets a job. You know why not? Because they never put one foot in front of the other and looked for a job. Some times praying is only a part of the equation.

Praying is the whole equasion! The answer depends on the reason why you are asking. Or better yet the intentions of why you are asking.
Your looking for a job...you ask the Lord to get you one or---
do you ask the Lord to provide you the job that is right for you. You still have to get off your butt, look in the paper, pound the pavement and wait upon the Lord for the right job. Might mean you stay in your current job until the right one comes along, your are a gas jockey or what ever the Lord provides to pay the bills until the right one happens. And when it is right, it will slap you upside the head...figuratively of course.

HerefordSire":1s4djdd8 said:
Reminds me of some people that are unemployed so they pray asking for a job. Please bring me a job, I will do anything. The person never gets a job. You know why not? Because they never put one foot in front of the other and looked for a job. Some times praying is only a part of the equation.

Sort of like the old lady riding around and around the town square looking for a parking place and praying "Lord please make a parking place available for me. I will attend church regularly, I will give to the church, I will pray for others, I will quit drinking and swearing, I will be faithful".....as she continued to go around the square praying, suddenly there was a parking place.....She immediately said "Never mind Lord.....I just found one".

Should I Pray Alone or with Others?God wants us to pray together with other believers.

But not necessarily all in the same place. God hears all prayer. I know some do not approve of some of the so called "canned prayers" used in the Catholic Church, BUT, did you realize that in every Catholic Church throughout the world the exact same prayers are being prayed on any given day regardless of the location of the Church.

1982vett":1pvvac4y said:
Ok, I searched "praying together". Basics to prayer. Quite a bit of references. Here is the link. Note that it is on page 3. Lots of other reference on the other two pages. I'm looking them over too.

Should I Pray Alone or with Others?
God wants us to pray together with other believers
http://christianity.about.com/od/prayer ... ayer_3.htm

I think it was this one, which is the one Bammy posted. In my opinion, the agreement can be 500 years apart and still work.

Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

http://bible.cc/matthew/18-19.htm

Did find this:

While we do not know all about God and time, we know
· God knows all of our life before we were born.
¸ We are implored, begged with tears, and told the importance of our making choices that please God.
¹ God is never surprised; nothing happens outside of His Sovereign will.
º We can make choices that truly grieve God's heart, and are worthy of God's just judgment.
» With our limited knowledge and reasoning we can make choices. God with His infinite knowledge and reasoning makes choices too. The interaction of these is certainly more complex than the multi-dimensional complex calculus people are trying to do for the quantum physics of the Big Bang.
¼ Finally, do our best, and leave the rest to God.
So "...continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose." (Philippians 2:12-13)

Latest posts