Possible Johne's cow

Help Support CattleToday:

I have contacted the breeder and he said he did have problems with this particular cows dam about a year after I purchased this heifer. He said she had all the Johne's symptoms but did test negative by a blood test. He had purchased this cow bred with the heifer I bought so he has now contacted the breeder he purchased her from to let him know. He has been very accomadating and after he speaks with the breeder he bought from we will talk again.

Katie it sounds like you have a good relationship with the breeder. Good luck with everything and I hope it all works out for you as well as could be expected under the circumstances.

Milkmaid ,I highly doubt it since we cannot even get probios over here. :roll:

TN it should be free, all testing for deadly diseases in cattle should be FREE to all of us to ensure the safety of our animals and our product for the consumers.

I am not sure why his vet did the blood test. The vet that did the blood test on mine did not even mention a fecal test. My other vet that tested the other 3 said if they had the runs they recommend a fecal if not they recommend a blood test.

Mine did not have the runs constantly. She would have them for 2 or 3 days and then she would be fine for a week or two and then same thing over. I can't speak for his just for the experience with mine.