Cowboy 2.0

Reaction score
Reg. Maine out of Ground Zero
GroundZeroheiferbig.jpg

Reg. Maine out of Lifeline
Lifeline1big.JPG

Avalon":as7oisuu said:
NICE HEIFERS. WOULDN'T KICKEM OUTA MY HERD

Good looking girls. I especially like the Lifeline heifer. You looking to get one or both?

Ryan

Ryan":zox6grpl said:
Avalon":zox6grpl said:

Good looking girls. I especially like the Lifeline heifer. You looking to get one or both?

Ryan

I was thinking about getting both of them. I was just wondering what everyone thought about them and if they were both worth it

Cowboy 2.0":252i45np said:
Ryan":252i45np said:
Avalon":252i45np said:

Ryan

I was thinking about getting both of them. I was just wondering what everyone thought about them and if they were both worth it

Worth it depends on the price. :)

I think Lifeline looks really good a little longer neck and a little more depth would finish her off great The other photo is hard to tell due to photo quality

How good do they walk? By looking at the front ends I would think very good

They both travel out really good. The price is pretty reasonable compared to the quality of the heifers in my opinion.

If the price is reasonable in comparison to the quality of the heifer, and you have the funds available, then I say go for it. I would like to another picture of the Ground Zero daughter, hopefully/probably its just the picture quality, but there is something about her rear 3rd. Looks kind of short from hooks to pins and post-legged. But you would know a lot more, seeing them in person and on the move. Good luck with them!

Ryan

Ryan":3orua9gh said:
If the price is reasonable in comparison to the quality of the heifer, and you have the funds available, then I say go for it. I would like to another picture of the Ground Zero daughter, hopefully/probably its just the picture quality, but there is something about her rear 3rd. Looks kind of short from hooks to pins and post-legged. But you would know a lot more, seeing them in person and on the move. Good luck with them!

Ryan

I'll try to get another picture of them when I go back to look at them again.

Ryan":35m93da4 said:

Ryan
Yep, yep. yep, I agree. :D well said :!:

Australian Cattleman":1cuw3trp said:
nice heifers but could someone show us some proper colured maine an jou cattle?

These are proper colored Purebred Maine animals. If they were Fullbloods, then they would be red and white.

Cowboy,
I assume that "out of" means Sired by. If this is the case, I much prefer the Lifeline heifer. She is just so much better balanced than the other calf. When talking price, I would pay double for her verses the Ground Zero calf for showing in a breeding heifer class.

Do you know the genetics of the Dams? Have the heifers been PHA tested?

Australian Cattleman: Breeding black into the Maine-Anjou breed became popular with U.S. breeders in the early 1990s (many had started long before then, mostly to improve their Angus cows). By 1995 probably 75% of the MA "Show" animals were Black or Blk/Wht. The AMAA registy regards both bull and cows at 87.5% MA and above as Purebred. High Precentage heifers are permitted to show at 75% and above. As the breed became continually "blacker", a group of Texas Maine-Anjou breeders formed the Maine-Anjou Traditionalists, which promote Fullblood Maine-Anjou cattle genetics (Proper Coloured).

The driving force of Solid Black Maine-Anjou cattle in the U.S. today is the Commercial Cattleman. They need their calves to have a black hide to be accepted into the AAA's CAB program. American Cattlemen are still the primary suppliers of Beef to the world.

Australian Cattleman":9fcb0lha said:
Thanks for the explanation. I'm a traditionalist and much prefer the colour that the breed is meant to be.
Colin

Not only the colour, but the shape too. The modern American Maine has a completely different body shape to a fullblood Maine Anjou. The same can be seen with modern vs fullblood limousins. The trend seems to be to get every breed to look as much like an angus as possible. What a shame.

Nice heifers cowboy. The second one is far superior, having so much more balance and femininity to her. And more length. She would be the show heifer. The first one is going to be a powerful, deep, big cow, but I think she is more suited to commercial production than showing. She's not as balanced, not as long, not as feminine and not as good in the pelvic structure and capacity. But, the photo of her is not as good as the other one, so it may be an illusion.

Let us know how you go with them.

I agree with Ryan. I really like the Lifeline heifer. But could change my opinion of the 1st heifer with a different picture.

Snider_Angus":226ie013 said:
Do you have any idea of what that lifeline heifers mother looks like or what her breeding is?

I acctually have no idea.

i was just wondering because i just ordered a cane of Lifeline semen today to use on some long bodied, deep flanked Angus cows.

AAOK":2rk1iffh said:
American Cattlemen are still the primary suppliers of Beef to the world.

:shock: I take it then that BSE is no longer causing problems to your export industry

Latest posts