Portable & Durable Creep Feeders

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
I would like to find a well made portable bulk feeder that I can move when I rotate pastures. So the wood style on skids does not look like a good choice. There are a couple local made 2 wheel types around here (like Vern's out of SD) and Apache (not sure where they are made).

Any suggustions on a well made portable creep or bulk feeder :?:

I'll tell you what I have found that works good for us. Is the American Farmland 600lb. feeder. We use three or four of these at a time. What we did is we put them on an axle and a heavy jack at the other end. What we do is we take a shovel and dig about a six inch deep "trough" just big enough for the tires to sit in. It takes a little while to set up but, is far cheap than an apache feeder.

Steve

Check out this link:

http://www.easyopenfeeders.com/

They build wooden feeders on wheels. Don't rust like the steel ones.

I have 2 of the 12' feeders. Will hold about 5000# each, but I usually only put about 4000# if moving down the road. Over 4000# will move but really squats the tires.

As they are built in South Central Texas it would be a nice drive to MN. With a rear hitch on one, it would be real easy to pull 2 empties down the Interstate.

Good luck & happy trails

Brock

Thanks for the tips! Apache feeders are $2,400 for an 8' unit so I am holding back on them. I could not find a local dealer for American Farmland so I sent them an E mail. I called on the wood Easy Open feeders. They seem to be a very good value but I am thinking over the cost of a haul.

Latest posts