Poor Kitty

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
I was checking the weather channel and was sitting in my son's recliner when our 16 year old cat jumped up in my lap to get warm.

So here he is curled up on my knees and I have to get up.
So I drop the foot rest and he starts growling at me. Rotten spoiled little fur ball.

I go to stand and he jumps down and sort of stands there still growling like crazy. Look down and realize that his tail is caught in the foot rest. When I closed it his tail was there.

He's avoiding me right now.

One time the Kit Kat was sleeping on the stair case, Mr HD was going down them and the Kit Kat moved ,but not quick enough to miss hubbies foot and he was "accidentally" kind of stepped on. :help:

The Kit Kat was OK thank the Lord , but he would not let hubby get near him for almost a month.\

My grandmother had a cat that got his tail caught in a washing machine motor, whacked it off but he lived a long life after that.

I have a friend who's son slammed a car door on his kittens head, the kitten lived amazingly enough, but was never quite "right" in the head........

One time my Mom ran in the living room where I was watching 'Gilligans Island' screaming that my sisters cat was in the clothes dryer. So I went and opened the dryer door. Forunately the machine hadn't been running long and the cat literally flew out unscathed. I don't think she ever got in a clothes dryer again.

I found a kitten several years ago at a rent house I had. It had just been born and dropped there on the sidewalk, I guess. Still wet. Thought it was a rat at first. I scooped it up and got it warm. Started feeding it goat milk from a dropper and read on the internet how to care for it.

Well, after several days of middle of the night feedings, he opened his eyes. Even Steve was starting to get attached to him and he hates cats.

So my son had it on the floor playing with it, and one of our weiner dogs, Lulu, walked by and real casual like, snapped his little neck... I know that's what she was bred to do, hunt little animals, but it really made me mad. So much work and effort and it was over in half a second... I cried all night.

I luv herfrds":1frycye1 said:
I was checking the weather channel and was sitting in my son's recliner when our 16 year old cat jumped up in my lap to get warm.

So I drop the foot rest and he starts growling at me. Rotten spoiled little fur ball.

I go to stand and he jumps down and sort of stands there still growling like crazy. Look down and realize that his tail is caught in the foot rest. When I closed it his tail was there.

For some reason I always feel cats deserve everything that happens to them. :lol2: :clap: :lol2:

TexasBred":1ieoe4b6 said:
I luv herfrds":1ieoe4b6 said:

For some reason I always feel cats deserve everything that happens to them. :lol2: :clap: :lol2:

Hmmmm, I read somewhere that people who profess to hate cats are actually afraid of them.

Boy was he really really ticked at me this weekend.
He had crawled up onto my pillow and boy did he stink, so he got a bath.

Ever try to wash a cat? Not fun.

About 20 years ago my wife's Siamese(meaner than he{{) cat got an abcess at the base of it's tail. Well the cat vet was out of town so we had to take her to our horse vet to be treated. He gives me a pair of Welding gloves and I roll up a hole bunch of neck fur so that she is kinda paralized and he goes to work draining the abcess.

Now you gotta know this is one tuff fella. A team roper and a bulldogger and not a man you'd want to fight and I ain't never seen anyone more scared in my life. This ole cat is howlin like a demon from he[[ and he is sweating and wild eyed and all he can say is "For God's sake, please don't let that SOB get her head or we are both dead.

Believe me when I say she sure did NOT get her head til we were through and then I kinda chucked her into the dog kennel so that I could get a headstart on her if she richochet'd back. To this day I don't bring it up in front of the wife, she is still a little pissed off about the way we handled her cat and she ain't accepting no "Self Defense " pleas neither.

MO_cows":2ne0xbqm said:
TexasBred":2ne0xbqm said:
I luv herfrds":2ne0xbqm said:

Hmmmm, I read somewhere that people who profess to hate cats are actually afraid of them.
Nobody mentioned hating cats..only that they usually deserve all that happens to them. They are a lot of fun to "mess with".

When I turned 16, I went to work at a local grocery store in the afternoons after school. I had been working there about a month when this real pretty girl came to work there also. Even though we live in a fairly small town, she and I had never met. I had just started driving on my own and had bought myself a new pickup. Seeing that her dad brought her to work every afternoon, I would ask her everyday if I could give her a ride home from work. The answer was always no, "because her dad wouldn't let her."

One Saturday she and I had to work the morning shift together, and when it was time to go home, she asked if I would give her a ride home, seems her dad's truck had broken down. I was thrilled. I had no idea where she lived, and after following her directions for what seemed like 40 miles, we pulled into an older farm house, with about thirty chickens and forty pigs running around the yard. I was no stranger to the chickens or the hogs, but we never let them out of the pen to roam around the house, so that was kinda new to me.

When I parked the truck, she asked if I wanted to come in to meet her parents and I said sure. As we went in the screen door, she called to her mom who was in the kitchen canning tomatoes, and told her she had someone with her. Her mom came in the room, we introduced ourselves and spoke a minute. She told me to have a seat on the couch and she brought me a glass of sweet tea. It was a fairly large house with an extra long living room. In one end of the room was a large attic fan, sitting in the floor running. Someone had stood it up on its side and welded braces on it so it would stand, but it didn't have any kind of cover on it. From the backroom, I could hear a ballgame playing on a radio and a man's voice cussing the announcer.

As I went to set on the couch, I nearly sat on their cat. He tore across my lap and ran toward the backroom. A few minutes later, he came back out and laid down just inside the door. She asked if I wanted to meet her dad, and after hearing all the cussing, I didn't really, but I said yes anyway.

I didn't know it at the time, but her dad had lost a leg and wore a prosthetic one. When he was home he took it off and sat in a wheelchair. He was a fairly large man with a rough voice that to a teenager was kinda scary. She went and got him and as he was coming into the room he ran over the cats tail. The cat let out a scream, tore out running across the room, back across my lap, and straight for the fan. He ran into the fan, which sounded like a gong, and it sent him sailing back across the room where he landed in front of me. He then, without missing a beat, headed toward the screen door. There was a hole in the screen about the size of a half-dollar and he went through it.

It was probably the funniest thing I had ever seen but was afraid to laugh. Her dad looked around the room and said "What the heII is wrong with that crazy Son Of A Bit.. ", and I couldn't hold it anymore. I busted out laughing , but when I looked up at her dad, he wasn't. Needless to say I politely introduced myself, and eased out the door. The next day at work, she said that she had found the cat out in the yard dead.

Great story upfrombottom.....Years ago we went to inspect a station property to buy. Dad was selling it out from under his lazy son and sour daughter-in-law so it was a tense situation which we didnt know about until we got there. The dad insisted we go through the station homestead for a look. Reluctantly we entered....as we came through some curtains into the lounge room a huge tomcat fight broke out, scared the heck out of us all. They fought all over the house until the son managed to throw them out the door.
Our nerves were shattered but dad insisted we proceed with our inspection. I tentatively went into the bathroom and was horrified to find daughter-in-law hiding behind the door! We left and didn't buy the property. Whenever I hear cats fighting I'm reminded of that day!

pdfangus":3d24sc1v said:
Upfrombottom

I laughed out loud at your story.

You did not say though what ever happened with the pretty girl......

That's an even longer story and not near as amusing. I have to admit though as long as I was around that family, I didn't have to spend much money for entertainment.

I could smell a back story in there somewhere......

recognized from similar experience most likely.....

It is what it is and it is all good now.

Had a cat that got too close to the milk pump, chopped off half its tail and burned its fur off on the side. Had them sllep by the motor in the truck, start it up, didn't know one was there, that was the end of that cat, heard a big noise, and then nothing, opened up the hood, and blood everywhere and body parts.
Curiosity killed the kitty cat.

TexasBred":qd4ucvph said:
I luv herfrds":qd4ucvph said:

That's probably because you were a mouse in a previous life. <can't find the razz emoticon, so sticking my tongue out at you>

Latest posts