Pondering what goes through some A-Holes minds.....

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Our local vet is on vacation for 2 weeks, big sign on the door. They have one of the employees come in and feed and exercsie the animals that are there every day. One of them comes in real early on her days and the other comes in the afternoons on his day. Saturday I happened to drive by and saw a small animal cage sitting in the direct sun by the front door. The temps have been in the mid 90s with humidity in the 70s and 80s. I stop to look and some one had left three small kittens in the cage. I called around till I finally got the phone number for one of the employees and he came right up and took them in and fed and watered them. I had noticed they looked awfully thirsty and lethargic when I saw them, have no idea how long they had been there. Not being a cat lover, I still can;t stand to see an animal suffer because of someones stupidity. They weren;t evwen wild/feral cats. The kid said as soon as he watered and fed them they crawled up in his lap. Dam, I'm still steamed about it!

Worst part is they probably felt like they were doing the right thing. Sad.

Rafter S":3nafrs2w said:
Just more proof (if you needed it) that you can't fix stupid.
X-2

40 years of driving and my wife has never had a traffic ticket or ever been in trouble. But If she sees a dog in a hot car in a parking lot ...stand back and call the cops shyt is going to hit the propeller. :hide:

We've been on a heatwave here , and people just don't get it. :bang:

bball":1t5v4x1e said:
Worst part is they probably felt like they were doing the right thing. Sad.

Considering that most would just drive far enough that the pets can't find their way home and make the feral cats a 'rural' problem... whoever left them there probably thought they were the next thing to saints.
In this area you can't get a cat into a cat shelter if you're losing your home or can't take care of them; they simply can't take any more.

Happens all the time. There probably isn't an animal hospital out there that doesn't have a similar tale of abandonment. Not only do the a-holes feel that they did the right thing, they probably have this warm happy feeling that the animals have been saved and placed in loving homes. Animal hospitals should place a sign on the door stating that abandoned animals will be immediately euthanised. Better yet, install video security systems and see that the abandoners are prosecuted for neglect.
The next time anyone complains about their veterinary bill they should understand that it takes into account the costs of caring for all of these animals that deadbeats drop off.

I do not like cats period but that is just wrong for someone to do that.. They could have atleast taken it to them when they were open.

I alwayd thought that it should be them that had to give them the shot or shut the door. They would think more about the consequences of their dogs or cats having offspring. But then they would just dump them somewhere and thats even worse.

I agree, complete a holes who think there doing a good thing. As stated it cost to take care of a drop off animal and that cost gets passed on to the consumer, so don't gripe about Vet cost. Our vet must have six or seven cats hanging around outside it's doors, plenty of houses around also, vet said some of them are drop offs she refuses to take in or feed.... Someone must be feeding them. She said she use to take them to the humane society, but the cost of taking them there was just another expense. I thought about the sign someone suggested, I like the idea, but I doubt a vet is going to hang a sign stating they will "kill your cat if you drop it here."

Our Vet currently has four "clinic cats", pet cats, all from drop offs....when is enough enough?

Our vet always has half a dozen drop offs that she will eventually find homes for. This morning on the way back from town I saw that the guy was there doing the cleaning and feeding so stopped by to see the kittens. Turns out they are actaully half grown, all toms. We were standing about 5 feet from the cage they were in and they started rubbing on the door of the cage and purring loud enough we could here them mixed in our conversation. Darndest wild/feral live trapped cats I've ever seen.

It doesn't help that 15-20 years ago if you put down unwanted/stray animals it was considered normal and responsible. Now it is considered animal abuse.

ChrisB":2xc3012f said:
It doesn't help that 15-20 years ago if you put down unwanted/stray animals it was considered normal and responsible. Now it is considered animal abuse.
Putting them down aka euthanasia is whole different deal then letting them suffer and die from neglect/abuse.

dun":xdg0f203 said:
Our vet always has half a dozen drop offs that she will eventually find homes for. This morning on the way back from town I saw that the guy was there doing the cleaning and feeding so stopped by to see the kittens. Turns out they are actaully half grown, all toms. We were standing about 5 feet from the cage they were in and they started rubbing on the door of the cage and purring loud enough we could here them mixed in our conversation. Darndest wild/feral live trapped cats I've ever seen.
How many did you adopt dun?? :hide:

TexasBred":o9h3p0e3 said:
dun":o9h3p0e3 said:
How many did you adopt dun?? :hide:
None. We've had one cat for about 10 years a couple of years ago a starved kitten came out of the woods and claimed me, barn cats. 2 is more than plenty. But if the old one dies we'll probably get a replacement from the vet. That's where she came from when we got her.
The deal the vet does is if you take one her dropoffs she will spay or nut it for free when it gets old enough, also gives the first set of shots for free.

That's a generous and kind Vet dun, I has to be $100 at least their cost to spay and give shots, maybe $200 + revenue lost.... They do gain a patient and potential client though. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Alan":38up3b8g said:
That's a generous and kind Vet dun, I has to be $100 at least their cost to spay and give shots, maybe $200 + revenue lost.... They do gain a patient and potential client though. :clap: :clap: :clap:
I paid for her anyway. But it doesn;t seem like the vet charges enough for what she does. When the young cat got that bobcat tick fever, she nursed her for 4 days and took her home nights and the weekend. With the boarding, antibiotics and feed the bill was a whopping 47 bucks. We always give them a generous gift cert for walmart (2 young daughters) and another to their favorite restaurant. Her husband is also our LA vet and he charges the same way, not nearly enough sometimes for what he does.

dun":3ocm2jif said:

And you didn't take them home? Aggie needs more buddies.

Latest posts