Polled Nelore and Mostly Polled Brahman

Help Support CattleToday:

BRAFORDMAN

Reaction score
0197.JPG

Horned Grey Brahman heifer from polled genetics 21 months old bred to a Nelore Bull

0401.JPG

Polled Grey Brahman heifer 21 months old bred to a Nelore Bull

0443.JPG

Polled Grey Brahman heifer 22 months old bred to a Nelore Bull

0452.JPG

Horned Red Brahman heifer 13 months old

0521.JPG

Polled Nelore heifer 9 months old

064.JPG

Polled Nelore heifer 9 months old

Nelore.jpg

Polled Nelore heifer 20 months old (17 months old in the pic) Bred to BB Sting Ray

Mocho_JR_aka_JUDGE.JPG

Polled Nelore Bull 8 months old

0542.JPG

Polled Half Nelore Half Grey Brahman

These are my girls. They ae all super gentle and love attention. They all have powerful Genetics.
Some of the pictures had pink spots on them after i uploaded them. The PINK IS NOT THEIR ACTUAL COLOR :lol: Its just a computer glitch

Nice group of ladies in good condition.
I've neve seen much difference between Nelore and American Brahman (visually), especially when they are polled. Mabe you can tell me.

tsmaxx47":3kuyq47r said:
i'd like to see that red heifer in another year...
The red is my favorite out of the group. She is the the gentlest. I take naps with her when I am at the farm. She has a powerful pedigree and will be a big cow in another year. Her mom was a big cow.

novatech":3kuyq47r said:
Nice group of ladies in good condition.
I've neve seen much difference between Nelore and American Brahman (visually), especially when they are polled. Mabe you can tell me.

One difference is the ears. Nelore have shorter ears and do not have as much leather as brahman. They are taller than brahman. Nelore do not have as much flesh and bone as brahman either. Nelore cows have smaller teats than most brahman.
Look at the Bulls ears, and look at the Oldest Nelore heifer's legs. Her legs are alot longer than the brahman.

Most people can not tell the difference between Nelore and Brahman, you just have to look closely.

The last heifer I posted is the result of a Nelore/Brahman cross. She is very thick and long. She is 10 months old and is about the same size as the 13 month old red heifer.

I sure as heck should have noticed the ears. That would be a pretty marketable trait for cross breeding. As far as the legs I have seen the long in plenty of Brahman.
Are they registrable with the ABBA?

novatech":1lnhbe7b said:
I sure as heck should have noticed the ears. That would be a pretty marketable trait for cross breeding. As far as the legs I have seen the long in plenty of Brahman.
Are they registrable with the ABBA?

Yes they are registered through ABBA. Even though they are Nelore they are still registered as Brahman.

ALACOWMAN":1utmdpus said:
boy the bulls id like to use on that bunch :cowboy:

The 4 oldest are due in August. I a goig to breed them all in November. I plan to use that Nelore bull calf( The 8th picture). Not the best pic of him but he is going to be a great one. You should see his dad. I am 5 9 and his dad is taller than me and boy is he thick.

That last heifer i the result of Brahman cross Nelore. And boy is she thick. She is as big as the 13 month old red brahman, and is only 10 month old.

The big Nelore hiefer is Bred to BB Sting-ray,one of the top red brahman bulls in the breed. The calf should be red. And will be he first red brahman nelore cross in the US.

They are beautiful cows, and I've always secretly wanted a Brahman if I ever get more space. About a third of the people who work in my building probably worship them.

Are the Nelore from Brazil? I did notice the difference in the ears, and they look like the photos of Brazilian cattle I have seen. I'm trying to reconcile what I have read about the Brazilian cattle - that they were bos indicus crossed with Charolais.

How does a zebu tie in the picture?

Michael
and his two little Tarentaise cows

MichaelB":3ciip3im said:
They are beautiful cows, and I've always secretly wanted a Brahman if I ever get more space. About a third of the people who work in my building probably worship them.

Are the Nelore from Brazil? I did notice the difference in the ears, and they look like the photos of Brazilian cattle I have seen. I'm trying to reconcile what I have read about the Brazilian cattle - that they were bos indicus crossed with Charolais.

How does a zebu tie in the picture?

Michael
and his two little Tarentaise cows

The nelore are from Brazil. They are one of the strains of Bos Indicus cattle still kept pure in Brazil. NElore are not crossed with any thing. The different breeds of Bos indicus cattle were crossed in the US to produce the brahman.

Grey Brahman are mostly Nelore, GUzerat and INdu BRazil some with a little gyr. Red brahman are mostly Indu Brazil and Gyr.

NO brahman has they same amount of a particular strain of BOs indicus cattle. That is why when you look at brahman some may have bigger ears than others or some of the ears may be pointed at the end.

I do not know anything on zebu.

Latest posts