Polled hereford bull out of BR moler et

Help Support CattleToday:

midtncattle

Reaction score
LookIng at g137et at an upcoming sell. He is out of BR moler et and sop miss Scarlett his number is p42905299 what you think about him over gerts

midtncattle":3h85x41i said:
LookIng at g137et at an upcoming sell. He is out of BR moler et and sop miss Scarlett his number is p42905299 what you think about him over gerts

Are you planning on retaining heifers?

George

Thought of trying to sell a few of the star five heifers and rest to sale barn. Is there questions about daughters? Don't know much about herefords.

midtncattle":2b6u0vbs said:
Thought of trying to sell a few of the star five heifers and rest to sale barn. Is there questions about daughters? Don't know much about herefords.

There's been some criticism that Moler's daughters are very late maturing.

George

I let the bull go buy then kicked myself and tried to buy him from the high bidder after the sale. He was 4 looked good and only brought 1400.00

The bull actually looked to be an early maturing type... Someone stole him, thats for sure.

I thought about jumping in, but dont really need anymore bulls. I really liked the looks of his steer calves!

SSGEnetics,
Wish we could have meet Saturday. I have kicked myself all week for not getting in on bull at auction. Yes u4411clb I was at the auction Saturday.

midtncattle":s2b1s3nn said:
SSGEnetics,
Wish we could have meet Saturday. I have kicked myself all week for not getting in on bull at auction. Yes u4411clb I was at the auction Saturday.

Me too... didnt even think about you being there even after we discussed it....

Did you get anything?

Justin

No. Really should have bought bull. I did think some of the prices were fair. What was your thoughts on prices?

midtncattle":1eri0ar4 said:
I let the bull go buy then kicked myself and tried to buy him from the high bidder after the sale. He was 4 looked good and only brought 1400.00

That bull should have been worth more than that at a livestock auction where they're sold by the pound, considering he SHOULD have weighed around a ton at that age - with the cattle in his pedigree. How much do you think he weighed?

George

midtncattle":3vzh7i6l said:
No. Really should have bought bull. I did think some of the prices were fair. What was your thoughts on prices?

Won't see prices like that again. Lots of "deals" to be had, granted the cattle were 2-3 hundred lbs. underweight.

I was really only there for one reason. Lot 14. Really one of the only lots that would benefit our program. Another Remington daughter that is very similar in phenotype and performance, sold for $8,100 in the Tri Star sale two years ago. I did like the 123 daughter and Max's Fancy but pulled out at the last minute.

A man could have made a killing buying up those little angus pairs. Put some weight on them, get them bred back, and resale 'em! Same goes for the whole sale though.

Myron has some really great cattle, they just needed some groceries, plus they had to make that long trip up here from South Georgia.

Yeah black angus heifers with 1st calf at side for $1100.00 is hard to beat. I went for the Star 5 cattle but almost bought a set of those heifers just to make money and sell them back later. Kind of kicking myself in the rear that I didn't now.

All of you are making me wish I had made the trip down. I was really interested in the one Max daughter as well as Grace. Had I known that Grace would have topped at $2500... Well, hindsight is 20/20.

We have a Moler son and we love him...he is super thick with tons of bone and a moderate frame.

Educate me a little. What is your market for these specific gert cows. Are you showing off spring or selling off spring for show? Are they used for gert over gert calves? Tell me about what works with these cattle. I am running a couple gerts for crossbreed calves and am looking to add more for same purpose. Is there much of a market for pure gerts? How bout hereford gert females?

Also, anybody in mid TN area got a good maternal polled Hereford for sell. Preferably Not of the $5,000 variety. :D

We show some of our offspring and sell some for show. We also raise them to breed and sell some as breeding stock. We take a good percentage of our bull calves to market. We try and gain test a few, and have sold bulls born and raised in Missouri to breeders in parts of Texas that hadn't seen rain in over a year. We mainly run pure Gerts, but have a few crosses for breeding up and for recipes. My favorite is the Gert x Hereford cross. They make some excellent cows. I have one 3/4 Gert 1/4 Angus heifer that can compete with the purebreds any day. She was better than some of her purebred siblings (same bull). Her sire actually sold in the sale last weekend.
We have 3 yearling bulls that we are going to evaluate in a couple of weeks for their yearling weights, scrotal circumference, etc. If any do not meet our requirements, they will be on a one way trip to town. I will add that one of these bulls has some of the highest EPD's for 2011 spring calves.
We have been at the registered game for 20 years, and are just now getting to where we can be confident in keeping bulls we produce to use and having a few generations of females that we have produced in production.

Latest posts