• chuckie

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
MINE

CHUCKIE
Image9-16-14at1041AM.jpg

INYATI
30w9f8o.jpg

I voted for chuckie. I have two cows that are hippos. But in the last six weeks, I came up with a plan and I believe I am seeing some condition loss. I put them on the ridge and with the dry weather, calves on them, etc., They are dropping some condition. I still have two heifers and one of the hippos to calf this fall and they carry a lot of condition.

Ouachita":ytxfphot said:
M5, did you photoshop, or is that the poster child? :lol2:

no photo Shop the brangus in the foreground is a pretty good representation of my cows structure. the one on the left had a calf last week so she was heavy bred

M5farm":3zgfihgl said:
Ouachita":3zgfihgl said:
M5, did you photoshop, or is that the poster child? :lol2:

no photo Shop the brangus in the foreground is a pretty good representation of my cows structure. the one on the left had a calf last week so she was heavy bred
I think my phone is cutting off the right side of the photos.

So fat they don't fit on the screen.. I was going to say there's an option missing here! (branguscowgirl's cows). Thus I'm going to have to go with "none of the above" on this one ;)

I think the order, from what I have seen would be BCG's, Inyati's, then Chuckie's

Nesikep":l4s8ul6i said:
So fat they don't fit on the screen.. I was going to say there's an option missing here! (branguscowgirl's cows). Thus I'm going to have to go with "none of the above" on this one ;)

I think the order, from what I have seen would be BCG's, Inyati's, then Chuckie's

It's a tight race but BCG definitely deserves to be in the running. I posted a picture of some brangus cows. They weren't poor at all. BCG said they looked good but needed some fat put on them.

That second picture BCG posted is the one I remember, and I haven't seen anything come close to that yet.

We butchered a big fat cow once and had 200 lbs of trim before she even went to hang, probably that much again during cut and wrap. I've never had any of my cows get pones... I think it's because the grass season here is shorter and by the time they wean the calf, they're close to going on hay, where i feed them as much as they need to be in good condition. I have some very ROUND cows with big bellies, but they don't carry all that much fat... Mega is a good example, she's always round, even when the pasture is getting pretty short and they all complain about it, but I think she's about at a BCS 4-5 now. I've weaned her calf and I'm milking her once a day right now for close to a gallon, which is plenty more than we need.

Taurus":3d4ue19f said:
I guess that super cow of yours went sterile too? I sold her because she was open for three years.
Mine was not open but 1 year I think. But this is the one that died of the "spinal abscess." Though I really believe that she had metabolic problems also.

Deepsouth":3f7oxw2h said:
Nesikep":3f7oxw2h said:

It's a tight race but BCG definitely deserves to be in the running. I posted a picture of some brangus cows. They weren't poor at all. BCG said they looked good but needed some fat put on them.
DS you have beautiful cattle. I hope you know that I was just joking about "needing some fat put on them." I only said that because mine are TOO FAT!
I have two at the embryologist right now, and needless to say, they are the biggest cows he has ever seen. :oops: