Poll: Is daylight savings time still necessary?

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
No: 81%

Yes: 19%

POLL-----vvvvvvv

Scroll down the article

http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2017/10/ ... necessary/

vqSf7TQ.jpg

They always leave off one option. "Interesting but who cares?"

Daylight savings time is nothing more than people management. From the the time the sun rises to the time the sun sets there will be light. It's all up to you how you choose your daylight hours.

It may simply be because I'm not used to it, but when you visit the eastern time zone, things seem really discombobulated in reference to what time the sun comes up. Just prior to leaving day light savings time, it wasn't daylight there until almost 8:00.

I don't care for it. I lost an hour of light after I get off work. I can get up early and get some stuff done but getting the kids ready and to school is my duty so I can't get to work any earlier than 7:30 which pushes quitting time to 4:30ish. If it's not nasty I try and feed at the farm on lunch and finish up feeding and chores at home after work.

But we are now back to normal days.

Daylight savings time is what gave you that "extra hour"

I would prefer to keep it on DST year round. But I don't understand the snowflakes that can't handle the clock jumping an hour a couple times a year either.

I don't really like loosing the hour of daylight at night. I am glad that I don't live close to a time zone divide, that would be really hard to keep up with if you had much business to do in surrounding counties.

I like the extra hour of daylight in the evening. A lot of days in the winter months I go to work and it's dark, and it's dark by the time I get off and to the barn to check on things. It makes time off on the weekends that much more valuable to get caught up on stuff.

Ky hills":3tm6my6t said:
I don't really like loosing the hour of daylight at night. I am glad that I don't live close to a time zone divide, that would be really hard to keep up with if you had much business to do in surrounding counties.
the dealership I worked at was a few miles from Dade co. Georgia...we always had trouble with our times clashing .. And Those folks were ready to eat lunch at 10 o'clock our time..

Bigfoot":6qferoho said:
It may simply be because I'm not used to it, but when you visit the eastern time zone, things seem really discombobulated in reference to what time the sun comes up. Just prior to leaving day light savings time, it wasn't daylight there until almost 8:00.

In Boston it's alright, but I agree 100%......I live due north of you and have to put up with this eastern time business. I can get 200 miles east of here and be in the central time zone. It makes no sense to me.

Yes, it is very necessary.
NASA knows what it's doing, by changing the raising and lowering of the sun a couple times a year they're adjusting
the gravitational pull on asteroids, keeping them in a predictable orbit around Mars and preventing meteors from crashing into us.

Now you wouldn't want to chance messing with that would you?

I don't like it. It doesn't matter when the sun comes up, but it would be nice to have that time on the end of the day so I could do things when I get home in the sunlight instead of the dark. Only thing I do in the morning outside is stand around for the dog to find the perfect spot.

Bigfoot":35tucaxu said:

When I lived in the eastern time zone I really like it for the amount of daylight I had left after getting off work. Lived in central time for over 20 years now and still can't get accustomed to it . It just seems like I have to do more in the dark. When the sun goes down my energy really goes down.

The key word in the question would be, necessary. No it is not necessary. It is nice to have the extra hour of daylight late in the day. The other option would be to get all the businesses to change their hours. Instead of 8 to 5 they could move to 7 to 4. But I really think that would bring more protests than daylight savings.

Latest posts