Pole Syringe

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
I am looking for an easy way to treat one or two head at a portable pasture feedbunk without trailing them all the way back to the working facility.

I have tried a quick draw with the pistol syringe but it is hard to supply more than a 5 cc dose. I looked into a Cap-Chur gun but it seemed more complicated than what I want. I think a pole syringe may be the way to go.

Any suggestions?

Spend a few dollars more and get a good one. Ask your vet what kind he has. I bought a cheaper one, thinking I wouldn't use it very often, and I've never been happy with it. If you don't hit it straight enough it will bind. The ones the vets carry work a lot smoother. It takes a little practice to get on to, but they work. Good Luck.

Stocker Steve":1ubp3ezp said:
I am looking for an easy way to treat one or two head at a portable pasture feedbunk without trailing them all the way back to the working facility.

I have tried a quick draw with the pistol syringe but it is hard to supply more than a 5 cc dose. I looked into a Cap-Chur gun but it seemed more complicated than what I want. I think a pole syringe may be the way to go.

Any suggestions?

Steve

There is a product called a medi-dart. It is availlable as a pole syringe, regular bow/ arrow syringe and a crossbow/arrow syringe.
Although I have no experience with them, I am considering the crossbow. Their website is http://www.telusplanet.net/public/medidart

Sorry, i haven't learned how to post an active link you can click on.

Does anyone have actual experince with the medi-dart products?

Regards

Brock

Latest posts