Which syringe gun to buy?

Help Support CattleToday:

Chapin81 said:
gcreekrch said:
Depending on how many cattle you have and how often you work them, a few disposable syringes are likely your best choice. All types of guns will have the rubber parts dry out if not used often enough to stay lubricated. We use up several of the bottle top guns every year regardless of how often they used.
I guess that makes sense. We are working with 320 animals max, however due to poor rational grazing management we are forced to reduce our numbers to 200 animals during the dry months which is usually 4 months out of the whole year.

Definitely enough to want the job to go faster.

We use the disposable for antibiotics and bottle top guns for vaccine, provided the dosage is 2 cc. Have had several of the refillable guns. Just find them unwieldy when vaccinating in an alley. Each to his own.

Silver said:
I think this is a Hauptner. We've had a couple of them for over 30 years. Every so often I try something else, but end up going back to these. They just work. And they are accurate. I'd hate to think how much medicine has gone through these things over the years.
xTH0xTX.jpg
That's a lovely looking piece of machinery there Silver.

Ken

Silver said:
I think this is a Hauptner. We've had a couple of them for over 30 years. Every so often I try something else, but end up going back to these. They just work. And they are accurate. I'd hate to think how much medicine has gone through these things over the years.
xTH0xTX.jpg
That looks very solid!

Silver said:
xTH0xTX.jpg
That sure looks like my Roux. I love them, but our employees are hard on the glass barrels. I've got a couple Hauptner syringes I'll try to get a side by side pic. The Hauptners are super accurate, but don't handle rough treatment very well. We bent the plunger rod on both of the ones we have.

SBMF 2015 said:
That sure looks like my Roux. I love them, but our employees are hard on the glass barrels. I've got a couple Hauptner syringes I'll try to get a side by side pic. The Hauptners are super accurate, but don't handle rough treatment very well. We bent the plunger rod on both of the ones we have.

Now that you mention it I believe you are right, it is a Roux. I tried to zoom in to show the logo I thought someone would recognize it and I couldn't remember.

Latest posts