poddy bull all grown up

Help Support CattleToday:

aussie_cowgirl

Reaction score
Hello everyone. heres a kind of before and after shot of a poddy bull i raised (pb angus). in the 2nd picture he was about 15months old. he's a short little guy but you dont get much say with poddies. he was put over 2 of our friends herefords as a favor and has since had 2 calves, a heifer (baldie) and a bull (black) that look magnificent. just goes to show poddies can do alright.

kylaandbully.jpg

fat_bully.jpg

Don't ya' love it when a plan comes together! Thanks for the pics. :)

Alice

Probably a dumb question, but does poddy mean a purebred Angus or something else down under?

ETF":27twfaqy said:
Probably a dumb question, but does poddy mean a purebred Angus or something else down under?

Its not such a dumb question, i don't know either what she means.

aussie_cowgirl":2x6hzwtl said:
*Cowgirl*":2x6hzwtl said:
ETF":2x6hzwtl said:
I believe it means hand raised.

poddy means hand raised yes. what do you guys in america call them?

I'd call them bottle babies...bottle raised...hand raised...now maybe even poddy... :)

Alice

aussie_cowgirl":njkgw7q9 said:
*Cowgirl*":njkgw7q9 said:
ETF":njkgw7q9 said:
I believe it means hand raised.

poddy means hand raised yes. what do you guys in america call them?
Bottle calves/babies Bucket calves/babies

bottle-fed is too long of a word for an australian to use! haha

we also used to use the term poddy to describe a steer/heifer (normally weaner-16mths) that showed the lack of growth and the pot belly commonly found in a poddy.

Beefy":1fhhaio0 said:
oh like potty, i get it now.

No ya' don't...you're just in a bad mood right now...and have every reason to be in one, btw....

Alice

no i really get it... like potbellied.. "poddy"

i'm not in a bad mood anymore, some of mr jos pot-y smoke blew on over here this evening and now i'm deleriously indifferent.

Beefy":151og03c said:
no i really get it... like potbellied.. "poddy"

i'm not in a bad mood anymore, some of mr jos pot-y smoke blew on over here this evening and now i'm deleriously indifferent.

Good job, Beefy!!!!!! Take it where you can get it!!!!!

Alice

Latest posts