• Eye Brand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boker (Tree Brand)

• Other

• Total voters
Medic24":15zb85se said:
Used to have a two bladed camillis, one of them had a flat head screw driver.....burned it up, have never found another one like it. I did love that knife.
I believe they call that one a "Electricians knife"Did it have a liner lock?
I have a few knives that are serated, Alot of people like them , because you don't have to sharpen them as much.

Campground Cattle":zxtt0xsz said:
MULDOON":zxtt0xsz said:
ollie":zxtt0xsz said:
6347hp Case XX the real one. Cut net wrap every day with it. Good old knife.
6347 hp
6=brown jigged handle
3= number of blades
47= model Which would be a large stockman

hp=???

I don't know what the hp stands for.

Does it have any dots on the blade?

Yep
Nope, I said the real XX

Does preferring a Swiss Army Knife make me a hobby farmer? I know that stainless doesn't hold an edge like carbon steel, but it doesn't rust either. For some strange reason I like a pocket knife with a Phillips screwdriver.

ollie":2rwzt7py said:
Campground Cattle":2rwzt7py said:
MULDOON":2rwzt7py said:
ollie":2rwzt7py said:
6347hp Case XX the real one. Cut net wrap every day with it. Good old knife.
6347 hp
6=brown jigged handle
3= number of blades
47= model Which would be a large stockman

hp=???

I don't know what the hp stands for.

Does it have any dots on the blade?

Yep
Nope, I said the real XX

I was refering to mine with the yep

Yellow handled Case for work, and The multi-purpose knives that dealerships around here give away. Got one from a car dealership 4 years ago, and now I still use it for putting together little forts with the little siblings.................. Anyone have any likes/dislikes with knives?

I don't know how many steps having that Leatherman on my belt has saved me but I know it is a bunch. I have the "Wave" model, two knive blades, a saw, a file, the pliers and wire cutter, and assorted screw drivers. I don't know how I survived before I got it.
Dave

I carry (well used to) a Columbia River M16. I could open and close it with one hand. Would hold an edge real well. Even through net wrap and plastic wrap.

:cry: :cry: I have managed to loose it. The same day I had buy a new hat. D@mned mud anyhow :cry: :cry:

My nut cutter is a Case. Yellow handle , don't know if it had a name. Also like the Mooremaker. Grew up near the factory.

Scotty

I'm so hard on knives I don't spend much money on them. Never loose them but have broken a few and worn out a couple. Carried Oldtimers for years but finally got where I prefer a locking blade. Still have my Grandad's old knife in the drawer. There is no telling how many calves and pigs he cut with it. Not to mention docking lambs tails. I'd love to know how many squirrels and rabbits he cleaned with it.

Craig-TX

Craig-TX":2vq57prt said:
I'm so hard on knives I don't spend much money on them. Never loose them but have broken a few and worn out a couple. Carried Oldtimers for years but finally got where I prefer a locking blade. Still have my Grandad's old knife in the drawer. There is no telling how many calves and pigs he cut with it. Not to mention docking lambs tails. I'd love to know how many squirrels and rabbits he cleaned with it.

Craig-TX

I've got some Old Timers that were Grandpa's and another knife that was Dad's. I wouldn't sell them.

I carried a Case for years, also like the Schrade Old Timer 80t but now prefer a Mooremaker from the great State of Texas. At any rate, I prefer the old fashioned high carbon steel instead of the stainless steel.

Gave my granddad a 3 bladed old timer every year for Christmas....don't remember what the was size anymore. He would wear them completely out. Whittled all the time while the row crop work was going on. Switched him up after a while and gave him the same style in a Uncle Henry, a Buck and lastly a Case (bone handle). Still got samples....all shot.

I use a single blade locking Old Timer (got 2) and or a lock blade INOX.

I voted for Buck since I've been carrying one for 3 or 4 years now. Had a Schrade for about 10 or 15 years before that that I got for sending in about 9000 snoose can lids-finally managed to lose it. Also carry a Gerber multi tool everywhere but church. Boss says it don't match my Sunday clothes. I've carried a knife every day of my life since second grade-used to lend it to the teacher once in a while. Don't think that would go over very big these days. Anybody remember the little 3 bladed Stockman that Moormans feed used to have? I was sure proud when I got one of those.

brokenmouth":2ygor79y said:
welcome aboard pickup man

Thanks.

Just another thought--whatever knife you select, please make sure that it is made in the U.S.A. When you choose a knife, you still have the option of buying a high quality American made product and helping our economy. We just lost Schrade Knives--out of business after 100 years--and one of the reasons it went under was cheap imports. Nobody can say that the knives from China of Pakistan are better quality. They do cost less, but every one I've seen is pure junk. Buy American, whether it is Case, Queen, Buck, Mooremaker--whatever you prefer--but please buy American. I have seen some German knives that are very high quality, but I will stick with the American product.

Case is the preferred knive in the family but they are hard to find in my area.So I will usually go with an Uncle Henry or an Old Timer.I think Buck knives are the biggest waste of money.Every Buck knive I"ve had has broken.Last one I was just cuttin some old bailing twine.

Latest posts