Poachers and Trespassers.

Help Support CattleToday:

ram

Reaction score

A stand on my property line, I think it's on the wrong side of the tree.

A different stand on the line with shooting lanes cut onto my property. I guess I'll go by Stuckey timber and file a complaint. I seen these guys hunting yesterday and told them my opinion of them. And a few other things that I won't repeat.

My brother made signs these up, and it seems like it slowed them down. The Poachers and trespassers have been throwing there deer carcasses out on our property.
I have a good idea who's been littering, but they are liars also. I know this because they call themselves hunter's, and I followed there truck tracks back to there camp. And they denied everything.

Kingfisher":1febgbc6 said:
Looks like you just scored an aluminum ladder!

I haven't stolen anything in 58 years and I'mnot going to start.

Ram, you've had a rough time with people (idiots, scum, pick your verb) destroying & not respecting your property =(. On top of that, big suck taking them down but at least you'll have 2 "new" stands for your own hunting pleasure.
On a side note, you're sporting shorts/t-shirt & I just peeled off 20 lbs of outerwear. WTH?

Kingfisher":19o76x5n said:
Them deer travel thru there? Looks like a better place to hunt wood ducks! Where are you located?

That's a good size creek bottom on my side. Acorns are still good, and I saw where the deer are still eating them. But I do float the creek in my Kayak and shoot some wood ducks.

find a way to tie the ladder way up in the tree so they can't get to it.. without a ladder.

Again.. trail cam to post it on youtube later :)

TCRanch":1f1ffme5 said:
Ram, you've had a rough time with people (idiots, scum, pick your verb) destroying & not respecting your property =(. On top of that, big suck taking them down but at least you'll have 2 "new" stands for your own hunting pleasure.
On a side note, you're sporting shorts/t-shirt & I just peeled off 20 lbs of outerwear. WTH?

Our cool weather is coming in on Thursday. I'm wanting to go hunting but the mosquitoes are terrible right before dark. I'm really big on scent control and just can't make myself use bug dope.
Jedstivers once told me "the only thing worse than the deer, are the deer hunters"
I don't consider them folks hunters.

The stands are on the property line, but they are on my side of the tree. :D I just can't bring myself to take the stands, my son wants to tear them down an cut them into little pieces.

One word - thermocell. Doesn't bother deer, and if it don't work I'll buy it back from you. We hunted in the low country of SC after their flood this year, and you couldn't have hunted without them, it was that bad.

SJB":21iinmme said:
One word - thermocell. Doesn't bother deer, and if it don't work I'll buy it back from you. We hunted in the low country of SC after their flood this year, and you couldn't have hunted without them, it was that bad.

I have one and use it during the spring gobbler season. But I can smell it when I'm down wind of it so I don't use it while I'm deer hunting.

ram":1hkwrak7 said:
TCRanch":1hkwrak7 said:

Our cool weather is coming in on Thursday. I'm wanting to go hunting but the mosquitoes are terrible right before dark. I'm really big on scent control and just can't make myself use bug dope.
Jedstivers once told me "the only thing worse than the deer, are the deer hunters"
I don't consider them folks hunters.

The stands are on the property line, but they are on my side of the tree. :D I just can't bring myself to take the stands, my son wants to tear them down an cut them into little pieces.

At the very least I would lay em on the ground. I think that would be beyond polite. Ram I ain't positive but I think you are supposed to hunt a certain distance away from the property line. I will check and get back with you.

I would take the stuff and toss it on the side they are supposed to be on and if they put it back up again then id cut it up and toss it over there or sell it on craigslist or give it away

We take them down and leave in a pile, once. If they don't get the hint then the stand leaves.
Another good thing is take it down and take it with you. Leave a note with your name and phone number and that you found a stand and want to return it to its owner. Please call.
Have a friend that found a climbing stand on our club, he took it down and left it in a neat pile with his business card. He did take one little piece that made it useless without it though. Still hasn't gotten a call.

I also respect your integrity but would not put up with that cr@p! What would be wrong with taking the carcasses and rturning them to the base of the stands? Least you could do for them. Maybe the buzzards will find them too!

I can't believe that someone would do something like that. That just blows me away. To put up a deer stand on someone else's property. I'd list in on Craig's List and then when they call to get it back inform the local law enforcement. I don't consider it stealing if you take it and use it. Hell, they left it on your land. Maybe they're trying to share.

Latest posts