Plymouth Barred egg color

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
I looked on the internet long enough, does anyone know what color of egg a Plymouth Barred lays? Brown or White?

Thanks,
Alan

should be light brown----If the hens "earlobes" are red,the egg will be colored,if white,the egg will be white..

look up the Murry McMurry Hatchery,they have detailed discriptions includeing egg color and size..

One of the many,many odd things ratteling about in my head :oops:

Workinonit Farm":3fz849rf said:
All the eggs that come out of my "barred rocks" are various shades of brown and quite large.

Katherine

That has been my experience, too. Not too dark a brown, but all kinds of shades.

Speaking of the earlobe thing, I was looking at one of my chickens one day and noticed that her earlobes were a blueish color. I was feeling sorry for her, thought she had some kind of bad disease. Looked at another hen and she had the same thing, thought oh no, its spreading. Saw on Martha Stewart about the earlobe color and sure enough these hens lay blue eggs. Sure was relieved.

warpaint":3ooe9bwf said:
RebelCritter":3ooe9bwf said:
Check out this site. One of my favorites. it will tell you what color egg, size of egg, average laying of every chicken! How much the chicken will weigh at maturity, earlobe color!

http://www.ithaca.edu/staff/jhenderson/ ... hooks.html

Critter, where in the be nice you been?

You miss me???!!! :heart: I been readin once in a while, but been a busy busy summer! Now that its dark so early, maybe Ill be able to participate more often. :) How you been?

Lammie":16di878s said:
Workinonit Farm":16di878s said:
All the eggs that come out of my "barred rocks" are various shades of brown and quite large.

Katherine

That has been my experience, too. Not too dark a brown, but all kinds of shades.

And if you feed them straight corn it makes the yokes alot darker and city folks wont eat them. JHH

JHH":1zr9l2c1 said:
Lammie":1zr9l2c1 said:
Workinonit Farm":1zr9l2c1 said:

Katherine

And if you feed them straight corn it makes the yokes alot darker and city folks wont eat them. JHH
Just let them eat grass and bugs will make the yoke darker. You're right about city people and yoke color. But in my opinion pale yellow looks pretty sick.

Latest posts