Please don't jump all over me,

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
but,did you see on TV where they gave little black girls a black doll and a white doll and asked which doll was bad (the black one),then ('bout broke my heart) which dolly was like her (again the black one) What I want to see is the same "test" given to little girls os all races, to see what other little girls see.Gonna go to Oprah site and make this suggestion....Do you think it has merit??

peg4x4":4ocyovps said:
but,did you see on TV where they gave little black girls a black doll and a white doll and asked which doll was bad (the black one),then ('bout broke my heart) which dolly was like her (again the black one) What I want to see is the same "test" given to little girls os all races, to see what other little girls see.Gonna go to Oprah site and make this suggestion....Do you think it has merit??

I didn't see it, but it doesn't surprise me. Yes, it has merit. There's less racism than in my growing up days. But it is alive and well in the US.

Frankie":2kv6axiu said:
peg4x4":2kv6axiu said:

I didn't see it, but it doesn't surprise me. Yes, it has merit. There's less racism than in my growing up days. But it is alive and well in the US.

It definitely has merit...and Frankie, I'll only partially disagree with you. I think there is still the same amount of racism...people just hide it better.

Alice

Peg - I didn't see it, but I absolutely think your idea has merit. Kudos to you! :) I would have to agree with Alice - racism hasn't lessened, it's simply gone underground and become less obvious.

Someone please define: "Racism"

Without going to a dictionary.............................

MikeC":3jcw21vf said:
Someone please define: "Racism"

Without going to a dictionary.............................

I would define it as seeing someone that doesn't have phenotypical characteristics as you as being less that you.

peg4x4":3ow18cqa said:

I'm sure that was what a young child could interpret at one time.

It may even be here today. When was the show dated and the location?

It is easy to dig up old wounds.

peg4x4":1umxdml9 said:

How many little girls were given this "test"? Two? Ten? Forty million? What kind of homes did they come from? How old are they? What does it have to do with racism? Because they are black and have low self esteem they are victims of racism? I don't buy it.

Believe it or not, there are millions of children out there, of all races, from all cultures, of both sexes, that have low self esteem. Doesn't automatically mean that racism is involved.

Racism defined:

Willie tells Leroy my Lincoln be's faster than yo' Escalade

Leroy says we has to race to really finds out.

They line up on a lonely stretch of road and let the rubber fly.

This be a prime example of racism.

Willie now is Racism for NASCAR. All the Wimmens love him. Specially the Blondes.

Every race at some time has been the target of rasim since the begining of time. And everyone is a racist anyone that says they are not is just a hypocrite. Get on a plane today with a Muslim, see a Mexican worker.
Yesterday before the world of PC BS at least a man knew the truth of how you felt. I have found that people that holler the loudest about racism are usually the most guilty.

Racism will never go away, there's no use in trying to stop it...there's no way that all people will get along all the time...it's just not going to happen

Caustic Burno":1bd1ildx said:
I have found that people that holler the loudest about racism are usually the most guilty.

I'm in the boat. It don't just apply to racism.

Caustic Burno":1rdlbl3c said:
Every race at some time has been the target of rasim since the begining of time. And everyone is a racist anyone that says they are not is just a hypocrite. Get on a plane today with a Muslim, see a Mexican worker.
Yesterday before the world of PC BS at least a man knew the truth of how you felt. I have found that people that holler the loudest about racism are usually the most guilty.

well said. I find a lot of people saying 'I'm not racist, I have a lot of black friends' patronised racisum.

Caustic Burno":215lmq92 said:

Amen.

VanC":2g6uy40e said:
peg4x4":2g6uy40e said:

How many little girls were given this "test"? Two? Ten? Forty million? What kind of homes did they come from? How old are they? What does it have to do with racism? Because they are black and have low self esteem they are victims of racism? I don't buy it.

Believe it or not, there are millions of children out there, of all races, from all cultures, of both sexes, that have low self esteem. Doesn't automatically mean that racism is involved.

Van pretty well nailed this one. The media has a very slick way of slanting the information to obtain the desired results, I don't buy it either.

Jack

I agree with others here, racisim is here to stay.

Many years ago, it was my,(and many others here) who's ancestors were discriminated against. The Native American.

Up until his last few years, my Grandfather refused to talk about our heritage. I don't like to think he was ashamed of it, but a little part of me knows he was to some degree.

Today, it is very PC to claim Native American heritage.
I am, and always have been very proud to be Cherokee.

In this Ol' world nowadays, all you can do is your best.Take care of your Family, and not give a damn what anyone thinks about who you are. Have a sense of un-relentless Pride of who YOU are and where you came from. Strive to do better, and not worry about what the Blacks, Reds, Pink or Yellers are doing, or for the better fact -not doing....

It is believed that in a general sense, all the population stems from 3 races. caucasian, who come from the Caucasus Mountains separating Europe and Asia
mongloid, south east Asia.
and negroid.

Archeologist can trace from Mongolia through Alaska and down to the American Indians.

I see the term "racist" overly applied even when there are not racial but ethnic differences. As an example, if someone in Ireland complained about the way he was treated in London, this would not be racist.

Many years ago, during a period of racial rioting in Cincinnati, reuters broke a store online with a headline that read "White cop guns down unarmed black youth". Hours later they revised the story to the recipient of the police assisted suicide had been high on drugs, terrorizing the neighborhood for days with the weapons he had, was in his early 20s and fired at the cop first.

Stories about people getting along don't sell newspapers. The people that tell us what to think have an interest in us not getting along. If they can seed our behavior with racial strife, they have something to sell.