pirates

Help Support CattleToday:

AP said that all the wife's story has checked out and a witness confirmed she was being chased by a boat. Said police had no reason to doubt her account of events.

There can be many reasons the body has not been found. It is a very large lake and the international border runs right thru the middle of it. American authorities are not allowed on the mexican side of the lake and this is where the attack took place, so the body could be beached in mexico and nobody from the US has access to that side of the lake. Its also my understanding that a lot of the mexican side is pretty rough, desolate country.

There have been other cases of pirates/robbers attacking & robbing other folks on the mexican side of the lake. Even if they see it happening, US authorities cannot cross the border into the mexican side to protect US citizens and the bad guys know this.

Just thought I would try to clarify some of the unique circumstances involved at this lake.

We may never know exactly what happened but I'm sure that Mythbusters would find her story "plausible".

peg4x4":1ekob113 said:
It's been a week.
Now she's saying the pirates have the husband.. What they would want with a dead body is beyond me..
she said he was shot in the front of the head,but the boats were behind them.
One of those "expression readers" is saying she's lieing about everything...
And Perry has shut his mouth.
Peg in the end you may be right but for now you're reading too much between the lines. In the US you're innocent til proven guilty. In Mexico your guilty til you prove innocence. The lady just lost her husband, she's had a microphone in her face since she came ashore. Give her a break.

TexasBred":g9zzg05v said:
peg4x4":g9zzg05v said:
It's been a week.
Now she's saying the pirates have the husband.. What they would want with a dead body is beyond me..
she said he was shot in the front of the head,but the boats were behind them.
One of those "expression readers" is saying she's lieing about everything...
And Perry has shut his mouth.
Peg in the end you may be right but for now you're reading too much between the lines. In the US you're innocent til proven guilty. In Mexico your guilty til you prove innocence. The lady just lost her husband, she's had a microphone in her face since she came ashore. Give her a break.

TB
I've got to agree with you. She needs our prayers regardless of what happened and she certainly has mine.

Someone mentioned murder-for-hire to collect life insurance. It would be foolish to do it in this way as a death certificate is necessary to collect life insurance proceeds. Doing it on a lake in mexico would exponentially complicate the process. Having foreign drug runner do the deed in the US and promptly disappear into mexico would make it a lot easier to get a death certificate.

I think there are too many misinformed conspiracy theories floating around.

She has my support and prayers and hope others will find it in their hearts to do the same.

I haven't heard anything about this being on the other side of the world.

But he could have looked back at the Pirates to see if they were gaining. Then the bullet could have hit the forehead even if they were behind them.

If I am wrong,I will write her a personal letter of apoligy.
But why is she yelling about border securety when they were 5 miles into Mexico.
I'll admit to becoming more and more cynical as I get older.

peg4x4":141goe61 said:
But why is she securety whyelling about border en they were 5 miles into Mexico.

I would be yelling about it too. Maybe they thought the US owned the lake all the way to the Mexican shore?? (That would be stupid) BUT if I had just gone thru what she's gone thru I wouldn't be chewing gum when they interviewed me.... I'd have a stiff whiskey drink in my hand and several already down the hatch. :nod:

If you've never been in her position, you have no idea what you'd do. Something like this really screws you up for a while. Many questions but that's easy on the weekend. :cry2:

As for a death certificate? Wives and husbands have spouses declared dead after a certain amount of time. :cboy:

gimpyrancher":2tsffetr said:
If you've never been in her position, you have no idea what you'd do. Something like this really screws you up for a while. Many questions but that's easy on the weekend. :cry2:
You are right. Of course it is easy to pass judgment on another and feed your ego.
I think Suzy Q had a good point.

TexasBred":1i849pon said:
peg4x4":1i849pon said:
But why is she securety whyelling about border en they were 5 miles into Mexico.

I would be yelling about it too. Maybe they thought the US owned the lake all the way to the Mexican shore?? (That would be stupid) BUT if I had just gone thru what she's gone thru I wouldn't be chewing gum when they interviewed me.... I'd have a stiff whiskey drink in my hand and several already down the hatch. :nod:
How did you manage to mess up a quote?? :???: :drink: ??

peg4x4":nrhkfv7e said:
TexasBred":nrhkfv7e said:
peg4x4":nrhkfv7e said:

How did you manage to mess up a quote?? :???: :drink: ??

lolol, Peg I have absolutely no idea but it definitely changed.

The head of the Mexican lead Investigator has been delivered to an Army Base.

Do you think Tiffany had something to do with that too or do you think that maybe she has been telling the truth?

I think the whole mess is drug related..
I think she is not telling the truth - she has told several stories.
I think they were living waay beyond their means..
If I had a husband I loved,I would not leave him. Did you ever hear the story about the town that was surrounded? the foe told the women they could take whatever they needed to set up a new life. Every woman walked out carrying their husband piggyback. The King was so amazed he allowed them to escape.
I'm old and paranoid and need to stop watching the news.... Especilly the news out of Hickory,NC

I have been following this story and I havent seen anything about them being five to seven miles inside the mexican side of the lake at the time of the shooting. Can someone please provide a reference.

If the body hasnt been recovered how can some of you guys be so sure that he was shot in the forehead?

People respond to things differently. Give the girl a break. You cant judge the truthfulness of someone elses statement based upon how you think you would respond in a certain situation. Especialy when you have never been in that situation.

I have no idea whatsoever what her chewing gum in an interview has to do with whether she is telling the truth or not.

Why do I think he was shot in the forehead? Cause she said he was "shot in the forehead and flew over the handlebars of the jetski" while they were running back to the US side of the lake... IDK,every time I listen to her story,it changes.. They've already(last week)held a memoral service for him.

Unless they find a body with a bullet in the forehead nobody knows that he was shot in the forehead. Sounds more like he was shot in the back of the head and the round exited through his forehead.

She saw the exit wound appear in the front of her husbands head and assumed it was where he was shot. The husband abrutely let off the throttle when he was shot and the forward mementum carried him over the handlebars as he died.

Witnesses to horrific events are notoriously incorrect.

3MR":2vue88or said:
I have been following this story and I havent seen anything about them being five to seven miles inside the mexican side of the lake at the time of the shooting. Can someone please provide a reference.

If the body hasnt been recovered how can some of you guys be so sure that he was shot in the forehead?

People respond to things differently. Give the girl a break. You cant judge the truthfulness of someone elses statement based upon how you think you would respond in a certain situation. Especialy when you have never been in that situation.

I have no idea whatsoever what her chewing gum in an interview has to do with whether she is telling the truth or not.
They were going to take pictures of an old mexican town that was flooded when the lake was built. If you look at a map of the lake it will show the old town and it is at least 6-7 miles into the Mexican side of the lake.

I believe they were on their way back, but its irelevant. Just because the town is that far into Mexico doesnt mean that is where the incident happened.

3MR":3pg9uh76 said:
I believe they were on their way back, but its irelevant. Just because the town is that far into Mexico doesnt mean that is where the incident happened.
Ok Columbo..go investigate the scene yourself....and yes I'll be the first to admit bullets don't recognize borders. Neither do Mexicans.

Latest posts