pinkeye

Help Support CattleToday:

I would recommend a search on pinkeye (search option in the blue section next to log in/out). I did one, and it seems that LA 200 was most commonly recommended. Vaccination to prevent is also recommended. Do the search ~ lots of good stuff.

If you are sure it is pinkeye, LA 200. When it is dry and the eyes are watering I like to flush them with common saline eye wash and check the eye closely before admistering the antibiotic.
DMc

The best thing I know to use is Spectromast --which is use for teat infusions in dairy cows, but you can use it as a topical treatment for Pinkeye---

Another treatment which is Organic:
Get your vet to pull some blood from your pinkeye victim to be centrifuged He will also need to get some fluid from the infected eye. This blood serum along with the fluid from the infected eye can be used as a topical treatment for Pink eye. works great

Simangus23

penicillin in the eye lid works, use a least a 20 gauge needle so it dosen't leave too big a wound. that purple pink eye spray work if it is early.

bsr I still do it the old fashioned way. I get a mastitis tube and put about a quarter of the contents under the eyelid. Then take about a 5 inch square of denim from a pair of old jeans and glue it over the eye using tag glue from the sale barn. This will keep dust, flies and sunlight away from it and the patch will fall off about the time the eye is well. If you catch it early enough there won't even be a blue spot on the eye. Works for me anyway.

Latest posts