pinkeye vaccine and syringes

Help Support CattleToday:

denoginnizer

Reaction score
After three or four pinkeye vaccine shots the syringe feels like it is super glued . Any suggestions on how to make injecting it easier?

Try a syringe with a plastic stopper. You may have to order them. Or if you have an ET facility nearby they should have some.

Really.... hhmmmm..... I just did pinkeye vaccine this past weekend, used the same syringe, changed needles every 8th animal, never a problem...I think the vaccine I used was by pfizer, I am picturing the bottle, but don't have the info with me here.... Temp was in the low 70's and sunny....

I used alpha 7mb . Dont know who makes it but it is very hard to inject. I tried larger needle diamater and still no luck. The syringe's were sticking .Went through about 20 syringes. Very aggravating.

denoginnizer":1zmg7lfd said:
I used alpha 7mb . Dont know who makes it but it is very hard to inject. I tried larger needle diamater and still no luck. The syringe's were sticking .Went through about 20 syringes. Very aggravating.

It is made by Boehringer. I was going to try some since they claim it is a single (no booster) vaccine. Does anyone have another 7 way plus pinkeye vaccine they recommend???

We used Piliguard pinkeye vaccine about a month ago - and yes the syringes did stick. I tend to think the main problem was the consistency of the stuff, and the fact that the dose was only 2mLs. Best solution I see is just to have plenty of extra syringes. I think I picked up a new one about every 10 head.

As far as sticky and non sticky vaccines...seems to me the Ultrabac 8 was average, but the 8 way Schering makes was by far one of the easiest I've ever done. I don't recall ever having to replace the syringes for the ~60 head we vaccinated. Virashield is average to sticky, Breedbac 10 was average, Bovishield Gold was average.

For some reason it seems a lot of those drugs that are WHITE - like Penn, Excenel, etc are thicker and make those syringes sticky a lot quicker than normal. Most of the clear ones are fine, like Banamine, but then again, Nuflor is pretty thick. LOL.

Latest posts