Pink Eye maybe?

Help Support CattleToday:

Penicillin works as an eye wash also, and the procaine in the penicillin is soothing.
Penicillin in the eye and LA 200 sub q is a good Rx

Mix Pen and Dex 50/50 and giving 2 cc under the membrane above the eye with a 20 ga needle will clear up about any pinkeye there is as long as the cornea isn't ruptured. Patches are always a good idea, using kamar or backtag clue with a patch of blue jean. Little extra effort but heals the eye best of anything I've found when combining with LA300.

Jake":26mg90oo said:
Mix Pen and Dex 50/50 and giving 2 cc under the membrane above the eye with a 20 ga needle will clear up about any pinkeye there is as long as the cornea isn't ruptured. Patches are always a good idea, using kamar or backtag clue with a patch of blue jean. Little extra effort but heals the eye best of anything I've found when combining with LA300.

If they are not weeping anymore but have a bulge on the cornea are you done treating?

BettyLandercasper":2cr9d3u9 said:
Penicillin works as an eye wash also, and the procaine in the penicillin is soothing.
Penicillin in the eye and LA 200 sub q is a good Rx

Does the dry puffer med work any better than Penicillin in the eye?

Stocker Steve":di2ikbdl said:
Jake":di2ikbdl said:

If they are not weeping anymore but have a bulge on the cornea are you done treating?

I will usually treat them no matter what. Even if they are done weeping they can still be cured. Only after an extended period of damage is it totally useless.

A blue eye doesn't stick out near as bad at the barn as a red popeye

Latest posts