Pink eye and Carnation milk

Help Support CattleToday:

longhorntractor

Reaction score
Ok I was skeptical when my old school cow guy said "give them a shot of carnation milk and that will clear up that pink eye". But I trust him, so we gave him a needle full of incarnation milk last week when working the cows. I went out yesterday and sure enough, that eye was nearly all clear.

Wow! Anyone else have experiences with pinkeye? Things to look for "post-pink eye"?

Thanks

longhorntractor":35d5j4pa said:
Ok I was skeptical when my old school cow guy said "give them a shot of carnation milk and that will clear up that pink eye". But I trust him, so we gave him a needle full of incarnation milk last week when working the cows. I went out yesterday and sure enough, that eye was nearly all clear.

Wow! Anyone else have experiences with pinkeye? Things to look for "post-pink eye"?

Thanks

You guys aren't reading this correctly! Incarnation milk has special healing powers. :D

slick4591":11jh0tak said:
longhorntractor":11jh0tak said:

Thanks

You guys aren't reading this correctly! Incarnation milk has special healing powers. :D
I think he meant to say reincarnation milk.

If you get the powdered carnation milk you don't even need a needle. Just grab a handful and hold it in front of their eyes and blow. Gets all over their face and in their eyes.

hooknline":15vn3465 said:
If you get the powdered carnation milk you don't even need a needle. Just grab a handful and hold it in front of their eyes and blow. Gets all over their face and in their eyes.
Or just dissolve it in some apple cider vinegar, shoot it in em or let em drink it, and you cure pinkeye, get rid of worms and decrease breedback time all in the same magical operation.
:roll:

jerry27150":2rcdweqh said:
years ago people used cows milk for any problem in human eyes
In India, cow urine is the magic healing elixir. They use it for anything you can imagine--weight loss, hair loss cure, cold and flu, impotence cure, they even have a cow urine cola. (google it)

And don't forget the ever popular home brew called Panchakavya--they put a little cow poop in it too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panchakavya

greybeard":1mmchj30 said:
hooknline":1mmchj30 said:
Or just dissolve it in some apple cider vinegar, shoot it in em or let em drink it, and you cure pinkeye, get rid of worms and decrease breedback time all in the same magical operation.
:roll:
Don't forget weight gain. ;-)

longhorntractor":2zkkrz06 said:

Thanks
An old cowboy in Fallon, Nevada told me the same thing back in 1977. I tried it and it worked. When I was new to CT I posted the same as you and no body replied. I guess everyone just thought I was out of my mind. It does work, Carnation Condenced Milk in the small tin can.

greybeard":3uzns2yg said:
jerry27150":3uzns2yg said:
years ago people used cows milk for any problem in human eyes
In India, cow urine is the magic healing elixir. They use it for anything you can imagine--weight loss, hair loss cure, cold and flu, impotence cure, they even have a cow urine cola. (google it)

And don't forget the ever popular home brew called Panchakavya--they put a little cow poop in it too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panchakavya
in korea the folk medicine for earache was scared cat's pis - collected it by putting a cat in a plastic bag and beating on a drum...

I have also heard that squirting canned carnation milk in the eyes will cure pink eye, but never tried it.
I have also been told that carnation milk works better than a strong glue for glueing glass "nick nacks" back together...

skeeter swatter":1ftuzm4s said:
So how/where do you inject it? Really I want to know. Serious. Not joking.
Inject the milk just under the loose hide on the neck.

skeeter swatter":jng3ymhu said:
So how/where do you inject it? Really I want to know. Serious. Not joking.
Inject under the loose hide on the neck, about ten cc's.

It's a practice that came on the scene back in the early 1900s; long before we had effective antimicrobials or anti-inflammatory drugs. Had its proponents, back in the 1920s-1930s. Look up 'foreign protein therapy'.
Perception may be reality, but I doubt that it would stand up to scientific scrutiny. We have come a long way, baby, with regard to advances in medicine.
I can understand the theory behind FPT - you're giving the immune system something else to attack - and that *might* be well and good in an autoimmune disease or a disease process where the immune response is more damaging than the infection itself. but I have some real issues in even imagining how injecting Carnation evaporated milk - or any other foreign protein, for that matter - would have any effect on clearing a bacterial infection or speeding healing of an ulcerated cornea.

If I told you to pee in their ear and it would clear it up, would you believe me?

Lucky_P said:
It's a practice that came on the scene back in the early 1900s; long before we had effective antimicrobials or anti-inflammatory drugs. Had its proponents, back in the 1920s-1930s. Look up 'foreign protein therapy'.
Perception may be reality, but I doubt that it would stand up to scientific scrutiny. We have come a long way, baby, with regard to advances in medicine.
I can understand the theory behind FPT - you're giving the immune system something else to attack - and that *might* be well and good in an autoimmune disease or a disease process where the immune response is more damaging than the infection itself. but I have some real issues in even imagining how injecting Carnation evaporated milk - or any other foreign protein, for that matter - would have any effect on clearing a bacterial infection or speeding healing of an ulcerated cornea.

If I told you to pee in their ear and it would clear it up, would you believe me?[/quote] well you got insurance that'll pay me if it dont
:cowboy:

Latest posts