Pigeon Forge

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Anyone around there this weekend should stop and try some real chuck wagon cooking. The Annual Pigeon Forge Chuck wagon Cook-off is a by-invitation event for cowboy cookers from all over. If you happen to see a wagon from Lebanon, MO, stop by and say Hi to the cook. I'm sure he would get a hoot out of it. Give me a heads up if you stop by. I'll ask him what he thought when he gets back next week.

Second time I've heard the name "Pigeon Forge". First time was a few years ago we stayed there for a race at Bristol. Now you mention it. Pretty country but dry. Had to drive 30 miles to get a beer.

lavacarancher":36jsva6n said:
Second time I've heard the name "Pigeon Forge". First time was a few years ago we stayed there for a race at Bristol. Now you mention it. Pretty country but dry. Had to drive 30 miles to get a beer.
"Shine" is probably the drink of choice in that area. :lol:

TexasBred":1j7131su said:
lavacarancher":1j7131su said:
Not uncommon at all.

Nearby Cocke County is quite colorful.

dun":22dty3r4 said:
Anyone around there this weekend should stop and try some real chuck wagon cooking. The Annual Pigeon Forge Chuck wagon Cook-off is a by-invitation event for cowboy cookers from all over. If you happen to see a wagon from Lebanon, MO, stop by and say Hi to the cook. I'm sure he would get a hoot out of it. Give me a heads up if you stop by. I'll ask him what he thought when he gets back next week.

That sounds like fun but sadly a bit far for me.

HDRider":3d3bak1l said:
TexasBred":3d3bak1l said:
lavacarancher":3d3bak1l said:
Not uncommon at all.

Nearby Cocke County is quite colorful.

That's a good way to put it. Newport (Cocke County) has earned quite a reputation over the years for a number of things. :lol:

If a car or or piece of equipment is stolen around here, more times than not it wound up heading that direction.

TexasBred":13xbloya said:
lavacarancher":13xbloya said:
They sell shine on every corner, are u sure it's still dry?

kenny thomas":29yd1l77 said:
TexasBred":29yd1l77 said:
lavacarancher":29yd1l77 said:

No sir, not sure it's still dry. It's been 20 years since I was in Pigeon Forge. A lot can change in that time.

lavacarancher":2wda8wmw said:
kenny thomas":2wda8wmw said:
TexasBred":2wda8wmw said:

No sir, not sure it's still dry. It's been 20 years since I was in Pigeon Forge. A lot can change in that time.
Go down the road a mile or so and have a great steak and a drink..

https://peddlergatlinburg.com/wine-menu/

FreshCutSteaks-600x338.jpg

Latest posts