• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pigeon Forge

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Anyone around there this weekend should stop and try some real chuck wagon cooking. The Annual Pigeon Forge Chuck wagon Cook-off is a by-invitation event for cowboy cookers from all over. If you happen to see a wagon from Lebanon, MO, stop by and say Hi to the cook. I'm sure he would get a hoot out of it. Give me a heads up if you stop by. I'll ask him what he thought when he gets back next week.

lavacarancher

Reaction score
Second time I've heard the name "Pigeon Forge". First time was a few years ago we stayed there for a race at Bristol. Now you mention it. Pretty country but dry. Had to drive 30 miles to get a beer.

TexasBred

Reaction score
lavacarancher":36jsva6n said:
Second time I've heard the name "Pigeon Forge". First time was a few years ago we stayed there for a race at Bristol. Now you mention it. Pretty country but dry. Had to drive 30 miles to get a beer.
"Shine" is probably the drink of choice in that area. :lol:

HDRider

Reaction score
TexasBred":1j7131su said:
lavacarancher":1j7131su said:
Not uncommon at all.

Nearby Cocke County is quite colorful.

wacocowboy

Reaction score
dun":22dty3r4 said:
Anyone around there this weekend should stop and try some real chuck wagon cooking. The Annual Pigeon Forge Chuck wagon Cook-off is a by-invitation event for cowboy cookers from all over. If you happen to see a wagon from Lebanon, MO, stop by and say Hi to the cook. I'm sure he would get a hoot out of it. Give me a heads up if you stop by. I'll ask him what he thought when he gets back next week.

That sounds like fun but sadly a bit far for me.

A.J.

Reaction score
HDRider":3d3bak1l said:
TexasBred":3d3bak1l said:
lavacarancher":3d3bak1l said:
Not uncommon at all.

Nearby Cocke County is quite colorful.

That's a good way to put it. Newport (Cocke County) has earned quite a reputation over the years for a number of things. :lol:

If a car or or piece of equipment is stolen around here, more times than not it wound up heading that direction.

kenny thomas

Reaction score
TexasBred":13xbloya said:
lavacarancher":13xbloya said:
They sell shine on every corner, are u sure it's still dry?

lavacarancher

Reaction score
kenny thomas":29yd1l77 said:
TexasBred":29yd1l77 said:
lavacarancher":29yd1l77 said:

No sir, not sure it's still dry. It's been 20 years since I was in Pigeon Forge. A lot can change in that time.

HDRider

Reaction score
lavacarancher":2wda8wmw said:
kenny thomas":2wda8wmw said:
TexasBred":2wda8wmw said:

No sir, not sure it's still dry. It's been 20 years since I was in Pigeon Forge. A lot can change in that time.
Go down the road a mile or so and have a great steak and a drink..

https://peddlergatlinburg.com/wine-menu/

Latest posts