Pics - Yearling Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

mitchwi

Reaction score
Beaut.jpg

Hereford was born April 2004, tell me what you think. She is a purebred.
Twinkie1.jpg

Twinkie was born around the same time, she is the kids favorite. First Pinzagauers we ever had, so far I like their personalities...what do you think?

the hereford heifer is a fancy yearling.i love her blood red color.wheh i was buying reg polled herefods.i went for that deep red color.the pin heifer looks great to.i love her coloe.as well as her long body.both should make great cows.scott

I try to stay out of these, but here goes. LIke the Hereford alot. The pinz looks like she's weak topped but it may be the light background and the white back or could be just the angle/position. But aside from that she's a nice looking heifer.

dun

I like both of these heifers, and I really like the color on the Pinz. I think the picture has three things going against it just as Dun says. I do believe she is standing on a hill with her rump higher, her back is white and the sun is behing her. It makes you want to follow the brown instead of the white.

Very nice!

Can you tell me how to post a picture like that ? I"ve tried using the Img button.....but it wants a URL. The pictures I have are stored on my hard drive.

no surprise here. i like the pinz and not the hereford. i cant get past the herefords head. i dont think these pics do either animal justice though. would like to see more pics of each, especially the pinz in better lighting.

I dont look at herefords very much, but the hereford looks a little "bully" to me.

i like all 3
2nd picture doesn't do justice to the animal you must delete from your hard drive immediately ;)
put her in some shade and she'll shine

dj, there are only 2 options here... :lol: :lol:
the pic with broadside of hereford has a partial view of the same Pinz Heifer "twinkie" as in pic 2....

BTW....I am going to try some more pic taking this weekend hopefully....I guess taking pics of cattle is an art in itself of which I am a true beginner. Thanks for all the comments to everyone!

well there you go
in the first picture red and thick
the second picture she looks chocolate

dj":rltkxay7 said:
i like all 3
2nd picture doesn't do justice to the animal you must delete from your hard drive immediately ;)
put her in some shade and she'll shine

Just looked thru some pics taken around Labor Day weekend, and this was in there....Is this a better pic of Twinkie? Or still a bad angle?? Or, is she not a good heifer?

Twinkie.jpg

They both look good to me. The Pinz does look a little masculine in the head and neck but alot of them look that way to me, I can't say that I'm really familiar with that breed. I've always enjoyed looking at them the few times I've seen them. Is this somewhat characteristic of the Pinzgauer breed?

Bad angle.. you can't get a good picture of a bovine from in front.. they will always look heavy fronted and big headed!

The first two pictures are actually pretty good... it's hard to get them to stand perfect, and you have to watch your background. If you can get them to stand in front of say, a fence, or an open field, it makes more of a contrast so you can actually see the animal.

For the most flattering pictures, stand back almost to their hip, with the cow standing sideways to you, and shoot towards the head. That will make the back end bigger, and the front smaller.

I need to get Beefys handbook on pic taking :D Thanks everyone - she is due May 9th, will have to try out my non-skills again then!

Latest posts