Pics of new calves from my herdsire

Help Support CattleToday:

plbcattle

Reaction score
the following couple of pics are from my Herdsire Lombardi of brinks. They have all been between 68-72 lbs. I can't ask for anything more than what they look like. So far all of my calves from this bull have come 14-4 days early. I think that is the reason for such light birthweights. I have heard from the Bull stud center that most light birth weight bulls calves come early.
820calve2web.jpg
[/img]

Nice calves, PLB. I really like the middle picture. My daughters always wish for heifer calves, to try to convince me to keep em, and I'm always wanting bull calves because they bring more.

Why does the working clothes pictures not have such a dip in the back but the 1st picture does? I think the bull looks much better in the working pictures then the 1st picture.

Great looking bull and calves! Sidney, I think it is just the way he is standing, but he looks good in all three pics, although I prefer him in his working clothes best. :lol:

I didn't take the first pic. that is a catalog pic taken by camp cooley ranch. I guess in the first pic he hasn't fully grown out. He is not barely a year old in the first pic. I guess in the other 2 pics he has filled out a little more. Those pics were from last year. I will post a new pic of him when I get him back from the bull stud.

sidney411":t7xph2eq said:
Why does the working clothes pictures not have such a dip in the back but the 1st picture does? I think the bull looks much better in the working pictures then the 1st picture.
:shock: When their head is down - their back is UP. He has the same "low" area in his back on the profile shot. Just in the first pic he is young & in great body condition. It looks like his heavy muscle/fat is bulging on his topline in places, but I would not consider that a "dip".
Nice bull. It's exciting to see your first calves out of a new bull, whether it's your own bull or a new AI bull.

Latest posts