Pics of my steer

Help Support CattleToday:

capparelli

Reaction score
These are pictures of my Angus steer. He is 5 months old. I will only be showing him at my county fair next February, he will be 13 months. He is out of New Design 878. What do you think?
ParkersCows003.jpg

ParkersCows004.jpg

ParkersCows006.jpg
[/img]

I dont know a whole lot about show steers. However he looks like he is put together pretty decently. Pretty straight, has some thickness and width and muscle expression to him. However, the top picture (probably the angle at which it was taken) makes him look kind of small. Just from a quick look at the pictures and not studying him too hard he looks good. Good luck with him.

Keep us updated, I'd like to see pics after he's been up on feed and a lil more age on him.

Ryan

I like him too. He kinda reminds me of my daughters Brangus steer.
Do the Angus carry that much sheath on them?

its hard to tell but he looks a little narrow chested and might need a little more in the rear but for his size he's got some thickness to him and a real nice topline by the pictures. It's hard to tell because hes only 5 months but he looks like he's got potential

cowboy13":1gfynppk said:
A lot of it is just hair. When you clip it, it won't look the same.

Yep, that will be gone by the time fair roles around. Our fair adopted a new rule, that calves have to be clipped to less than 1/4 inch. No hair to hide faults that the calves might have. That rule has been in effect for about three years now at our fair.

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":6x9l66rc said:
that there looks like it would be better suited layed out on my plate than in a show ring.

Well TTCLM, when it gets closer to fair time I will let you know, there will be a sale after the show and you can buy him to put on your plate.

He looks a whole lot different now and really has grown, he weighs about 1075 and is eating 32lbs of feed a day. I am trying to upload some pictures of him into photobucket to post but its not working to well, dial-up internet sucks!

Hes a very nice steer hes got a good straight back and good conformation I had a maine angus steer like him Goodluck at the show.....

Latest posts