0E5FFAF1-51CF-40BF-A17F-3893BD6937E5_zpsp7ocijns.jpg

Bred Heifers
6EED4024-FBFF-4776-A343-0105FF04B9C1_zpscyrxyebm.jpg

Here were a couple from the week prior on our trip to Yellowstone
F1545DA9-AD78-4813-ABC1-3F12C066149F_zpsyiol0vhi.jpg

BDDB7A0D-8A46-4A5A-8888-91BF20AE4B60_zps5hc5ptiv.jpg

657E0194-BEA1-4823-B174-4C057CFB9562_zps9cnsj0mb.jpg

CA3138EC-0105-4B4F-BAC1-3A88F863E304_zps5h9b4q0x.jpg

Very good pictures at yellowstone! Cattle looking good as well!

Cool pictures.

Wife and some of her friends went to Yellowstone back in August, said they didn't really enjoy it because there were so many Asians you could hardly walk.

Rut must've been fairly late this year. I hunted Sept 10 week in CO and we never heard a single bugle.

cfpinz":3ll2986e said:
Cool pictures.

Wife and some of her friends went to Yellowstone back in August, said they didn't really enjoy it because there were so many Asians you could hardly walk.

Rut must've been fairly late this year. I hunted Sept 10 week in CO and we never heard a single bugle.

bulls were talking pretty good when we were out there. They pretty well had the pecking orders established already so not a ton of action. We spent a couple days outside of the park over West of Island Park and didnt' hear much but the guys had been in elk all month.

Very much so the cows were the problem. The had busted through the fence two weeks prior so we waited to try again and it worked well

Jake,
Great pictures. The picture of you below the Falls of the Yellowstone caught my attention. There are maybe 4 or 5 access points to see the falls along that route. About where you are or maybe the next access toward the falls, a tourist fell to his death during the time I lived in Montana. Yellowstone has seen more than its share of tourist deaths. From being gored by bison to falling in hot geysers.

Falling is a much greater risk than bears or bison. In fact, at one place I cannot remember where, a platform overlook broke loose and several people lost their life. Being a frequent visitor to the park in 25 years of living in Montana and Wyoming, I always played it real safe. :cowboy:

Margonme":3jli9sr3 said:
Jake,
Great pictures. The picture of you below the Falls of the Yellowstone caught my attention. There are maybe 4 or 5 access points to see the falls along that route. About where you are or maybe the next access toward the falls, a tourist fell to his death during the time I lived in Montana. Yellowstone has seen more than its share of tourist deaths. From being gored by bison to falling in hot geysers.

Falling is a much greater risk than bears or bison. In fact, at one place I cannot remember where, a platform overlook broke loose and several people lost their life. Being a frequent visitor to the park in 25 years of living in Montana and Wyoming, I always played it real safe. :cowboy:

I have family in the area so I have been to the park probably a dozen times in my life. It always amazes me how stupid some can be. The amount of foreign visitors that put themselves and others in danger is amazing to me. Anymore I try to go during the less busy times to avoid the crowds so we can enjoy it a little more. I really enjoy that part of the world if it wasn't for the farm at home I would move out there in a heartbeat. Once I get the rest of the photos loaded I will post some.

Jake":1z7ppdtv said:
Margonme":1z7ppdtv said:
Jake,

I have family in the area so I have been to the park probably a dozen times in my life. It always amazes me how stupid some can be. The amount of foreign visitors that put themselves and others in danger is amazing to me. Anymore I try to go during the less busy times to avoid the crowds so we can enjoy it a little more. I really enjoy that part of the world if it wasn't for the farm at home I would move out there in a heartbeat. Once I get the rest of the photos loaded I will post some.

We did the same thing. I love to go in late fall.

People are careless. I have never gone that I have not seen people put themselves and their small children within 30 or 40 feet of a 2500 pound bull bison like it was a puppy dog.

Great pics!

Never did get to Yellowstone myself.. I did get off work a day while travelling and see Yosemite, which was quite nice as well.

Dumb tourists abound.. Let the Darwin awards happen... Around here we have a popular day-hike area.. Now Highway 99, which is a snaky 2 lane up a 5 mile long 12% grade has become the parking overflow.. So you have cars parked halfway on the road for 200 years on both sides of it.. Any guess as to what will happen if a truck coming down loaded meets a truck coming up?

Latest posts