Picking a farm name

Help Support CattleToday:

Jake":29dzu6ac said:
Medic24":29dzu6ac said:
Well, at least you called this one right! I see cattle come into heat all the time still, doesn't seem to interest our Micheal Jackson aka "fazon" a bit...so it shall be..."Big Gay Bull Acres" :roll:

you still ain't got that thing straightened out?! sounds like he needs a knock on the head to set him straight.

Im not sure a knock on the head is enough you better look into AI'n

Campground Cattle":210hpnx1 said:
Best I seen was the
Oleo Ranch just a cheap little spread.

ROFL I like that! I'm not old enough to know about the dye bubble, either.

Seems like there always has to be a "bar something" or a "rocking something" in a ranch name. Any one of medic's would fit mine to the T.

Place not too far from here called the Easy Chair Ranch

Remember reading Louis L'Amour when I was a kid. Don't remember the name of the book but the name of the spread never left my memory... The MT... took me a while back then but hey say it long enough and it become the Empty.

When I was growing up the family farm was Glad-Flo Farm... called so after my grandparents first names Gladys and Floyd.

We were trying to come up with one for ourselves and my wife and kids decided that since the venture is for the kids that we would use their names... So we're SamiJoe Farms ... SJ Farms for short.

Maybe oughta be Coyote Flats as many of those critters as I have seen in the past two weeks. White Egrets showed up a day or two ago to keep the Green Herons company. The poultry place next door is called "Eagle Prarie"... Only time they show up is in the winter. The rest of the time we have Turkey Vultures riding the air currents.

madbeancounter1":zgeylhw6 said:
Place not too far from here called the Easy Chair Ranch

Remember reading Louis L'Amour when I was a kid. Don't remember the name of the book but the name of the spread never left my memory... The MT... took me a while back then but hey say it long enough and it become the Empty.

When I was growing up the family farm was Glad-Flo Farm... called so after my grandparents first names Gladys and Floyd.

We were trying to come up with one for ourselves and my wife and kids decided that since the venture is for the kids that we would use their names... So we're SamiJoe Farms ... SJ Farms for short.

Maybe oughta be Coyote Flats as many of those critters as I have seen in the past two weeks. White Egrets showed up a day or two ago to keep the Green Herons company. The poultry place next door is called "Eagle Prarie"... Only time they show up is in the winter. The rest of the time we have Turkey Vultures riding the air currents.

I'm pretty sure the MT Ranch was "Ride the Dark Trail". Em Talon and Nolan Sackett, if memory serves.

Sounds Right. I used to read all those books during my hour + bus ride.... My 8 year old just picked up two Max Brand books at the grab bag stand at the county fair and has started reading those. Neither one can get in the truck let alone leave the house without a book in hand. They even take them along to do chores. If they are done and I'm still working they crawl back in the truck and start reading.

madbeancounter1":1ez91f8s said:
Sounds Right. I used to read all those books during my hour + bus ride.... My 8 year old just picked up two Max Brand books at the grab bag stand at the county fair and has started reading those. Neither one can get in the truck let alone leave the house without a book in hand. They even take them along to do chores. If they are done and I'm still working they crawl back in the truck and start reading.

Good for you, Madbeancounter! My Mom always encouraged us kids to read when we were little. She had to define a lot of words for us back then, but she never lost patience or told us to go look it up. It's amazing how many places a person can go and what they can see without ever leaving the house! :D

near me is Hill top acres, belly acres, train wreck ranch, the L-Pine ranch, jersey winds, and prarie gold. I love medic's "cull corner". I may need to name my pasture for the old cows that.

Isn't that the truth.

I remember when the oldest (20 in about 5 weeks) was in Kindergarten. Mama started teaching her to read before school started. At the school Christmas concert her class was to stay in the library before and after they sang. When we dropped her off we heard a chorus of "Erin's here... read us a story Erin..." When she came home at Christmas a couple of years ago she told us her friends call her "1-800-Erin" Not sure if that's good or not... :shock: Anyway a few months after that she came to Mama and said, "Will you teach me to do math because they do math in 2nd grade and I want to be ready."

The 12 year old was tested for reading and comprehension a few weeks ago at grade level 12.9. Her GATE class is studying Tolkien the first semester and then will move on to Shakespear the 3rd and finally they are going to study the physics involved in designin and building a roller coster during the 4th quarter....A couple of years ago when she was practicing to represent her class in the spelling bee her brother who 6 at the time could outspell her and probably still can. He has started writing short skits and turning them into his teach who helps him refine them. Most don't make any sense to me but he sure does have an imagination.

Don't think they got any of their smarts from me. Have to blame that on Mama.

Madbean, gotta love those Louis La'mour books. Msscamp answered which book it was before I signed on tonight. Em Talon was one tough woman in that book, Sacketts and Talons all were pretty handy and hardy. I started reading his books alot of years ago and read them all and have read most of them several times. He spoiled me with his writing and knowledge. I still buy every book that he authors as it comes out. They are still printing new books from his notes and partly finished books that his son and daughter are finishing. He has been gone long enough that there is definitely a lack of true La'mour in the newer releases. What was so wonderful was how you could picture everything as he described it and you could so easily put yourself in the shoes of the characters with the feelings and emotions. Hope someone will step up and become the author he was for the newer generations.

J&T Farm":2wn1661w said:
Buzzards a circlin' Ranch, Circlin' the Drain Farm

The buzzards one would work for me. I am constantly feeding them hogs, dillers, coons, and yote's.

We named our farm "Hillbilly Heaven" no derogatory meant in it at all....Our farm is NOTHING but hills...up one side and down the other! My husbands dad used to say you'd have to be part billy goat to love this farm....after he passed we named the farm...kinda for him :heart: ........ and it fits :D

After another day repairing fences and building new ones, I have decided to call our place TOFTS Ranch! :D (Too Old For This S***t.) ;-)

Latest posts