Pest control companies

Help Support CattleToday:

grannysoo":3d5ppq5k said:
3fifty7":3d5ppq5k said:
Other than Affordable Termite treatment cost and prevention when building are a joke. :devil2:
And diesel fuel will do the same job...

I'm going to have my house tented for termites. They are going to use chemicals. My question is: what will be the effect of chemicals on my garden area? Does it effect the plants? The Pest People say that it will not give me any problems, but I would like to be sure. Thanks.

edward137":3mv69qv4 said:
grannysoo":3mv69qv4 said:
3fifty7":3mv69qv4 said:
Other than Affordable Termite treatment cost and prevention when building are a joke. :devil2:
And diesel fuel will do the same job...

I'm going to have my house tented for termites. They are going to use chemicals. My question is: what will be the effect of chemicals on my garden area? Does it effect the plants? The Pest People say that it will not give me any problems, but I would like to be sure. Thanks.
Only if they treat your house with herbicide.

I think the cheap bombs that you buy at Home Depot work just as well if not better. We had a bad cricket problem at the farm house this year. The pest control guys were out twice. They didn't help much. 5 bombs underneath and 4 in the house did a number on them.

bird dog":30a7sop4 said:
I think the cheap bombs that you buy at Home Depot work just as well if not better. We had a bad cricket problem at the farm house this year. The pest control guys were out twice. They didn't help much. 5 bombs underneath and 4 in the house did a number on them.
WE had those things too. Sprayed them and all the porches and carport with Demon and pretty well knocked them out.

At the hotel we have a contract with Terminix. We pay $448 per year for 85 rooms. They spray around the outside of the hotel as well as the interior corridors monthly. They will also come out and spray for any other seasonal pest anytime, hornets, pill bugs, spiders at no additional charge. Money well spent.

millstreaminn":2hybz33v said:
At the hotel we have a contract with Terminix. We pay $448 per year for 85 rooms. They spray around the outside of the hotel as well as the interior corridors monthly. They will also come out and spray for any other seasonal pest anytime, hornets, pill bugs, spiders at no additional charge. Money well spent.

Dang. We spend $90 every 2 months, so $360/year and if we need an additional spray, it costs. This is just for our house. We use Orkin.

I can't even get anyone to come out. We have chinked and caulked and still get overrun. Nature of a log home, I'm told. Only the 8-legged ones really bother me, although the cluster flies are not fun if you have company over during an outbreak

boondocks":eyx1hva5 said:
I can't even get anyone to come out. We have chinked and caulked and still get overrun. Nature of a log home, I'm told. Only the 8-legged ones really bother me, although the cluster flies are not fun if you have company over during an outbreak
Go to your feed store or a TSC and see if they have Demon-WP....Walmart may even have it. Four pkgs. of powder in each large pkg and each makes a gallon of spray. Odorless and will kill whatever touches it. Has a long residual as well. A large pkg. should be $15.00..maybe a little bit more. Another good one is Tempo. Some pest control folks use it but is a little more pricey but available without any special permits or licenses required.

Latest posts