Personal property tax Missouri

Help Support CattleToday:

3legdonkey

Reaction score
I have been trying to determine what the yearly taxes would be on a cow in Houston county Missouri. If anyone is in Missouri and pays person property taxes on their cattle I would love to hear about what you pay per animal. And no I do not want to call the tax assessor and ask them yet... Grin.

Angus Cowman":1sbnx15u said:
I have never heard of Houston cnty Missouri there is a Town of Houston in Texas Cnty Mo
Ha! You are right Houston is the county seat of Texas county Missouri...

I doubt your taxes would be over a few dollars pr yr on 1 cow
Good to hear. I do not mind paying taxes but I do mind being taken out back and worked over without at least being bought dinner first. Big Grin.

Angus Cowman":1bbap054 said:
I have never heard of Houston cnty Missouri there is a Town of Houston in Texas Cnty Mo

I doubt your taxes would be over a few dollars pr yr on 1 cow

Shhh! Don't talk so loud. Some of these Louisiana politicians might hear you and get ideas!

Please pardon my ignorance but you have to pay a personal property tax on a cow if you are raising it for personal consumption? You pay taxes on everything else raising that cow and the state gov't in its infinite wisdom wants to tax you yearly for having that cow for you to eat. That seems kind of crazy