pepper in your eye

Help Support CattleToday:

Deepsouth

Reaction score
where the Mason-Dixon line is considered the far n
My wife was cutting up jalapenos and got squirted in the eye. She stuck her head under the facet in the kitchen sink and hollered for me. I got some eye wash but it wasn't helping much so I googled it and got this. Most of y'all may know this already but milk brings instant relief.

http://heavenlyhomemakers.com/hot-peppe ... eye-remedy

I bet that hurt like the dickens! Poor woman. I hope she's feeling better now.

Thanks for the tip. It would stand to reason that milk would help. Afterall, when eating hot peppers, drinking milk, or using bluecheese dressing, anything with dairy in it helps to ease the heat.

Katherine

I got a squirt too a couple months ago. I did the milk thing also. I had been cutting a couple peppers up earlier in the day once and the little one wanted me to wiggle her tooth. Guess it all didn't get washed off. Poor thing. Peanut butter on a spoon helped, after I gave her milk and she said it still burned.

Many years ago I was having lunch at Grandmas. She made her famous chili. She knew I like mine with extra heat, so she sat a ziplock bag of peppers in front of me. They were given to her by a neighbor, garden grown. I was not familiar with habanero peppers then. I pulled one out of the bag and cut it in to small pieces to put in my chili. No gloves. I had an itch on my nose :shock:
The only thing I can compare it to is aircraft paint stripper. I washed my face with soap and water. That only offered a vehicle for the oils to spread across my entire face. I thought I would have to go to the ER, but I was lucky my little brother was there. He's the smart one, a chemical engineer. He told me to wash my face with tomato juice, then milk. It worked.

I splashed a glob of Dave's insanity hot sauce in my eye once. Good times. Good times.

Ouachita":1gziis0v said:
Many years ago I was having lunch at Grandmas. She made her famous chili. She knew I like mine with extra heat, so she sat a ziplock bag of peppers in front of me. They were given to her by a neighbor, garden grown. I was not familiar with habanero peppers then. I pulled one out of the bag and cut it in to small pieces to put in my chili. No gloves. I had an itch on my nose :shock:
The only thing I can compare it to is aircraft paint stripper. I washed my face with soap and water. That only offered a vehicle for the oils to spread across my entire face. I thought I would have to go to the ER, but I was lucky my little brother was there. He's the smart one, a chemical engineer. He told me to wash my face with tomato juice, then milk. It worked.

Good thing it was your nose that itched and not something further south. :lol: :lol: :lol:

DS glad shes ok. The first time I got pepper in my eye a instructor told me count to 3 and blasted a z across my face eyes nose mouth. I thought I would die. Years later Pepper spray has no effect on me but makes me sneeze. I probably have been sprayed and sprayed myself a good 30+ times. I told my wife do not carry pepper spray if she won't let me spray her first. Instead she carries a gun.

Ryder":3nb2vurm said:
Did you shoot her first before she carried the gun? :shock:

What I asked my instructor lol My reasoning with pepper spray is sometimes you get gust back in your face and if she sprayed someone and came back in her face and she was not able to function shes right back at square 1

Wifey and I were eating at a Mexican place. I bit into a big pickled jalapeno and it shot a big squirt across the table hitting her square in the eye. She yelled like she had been shot.

Ouachita":2k70c12j said:

I thought you were going to say that your brother peed in your eye.

Ouachita":1myrv6de said:

I thought you were going to say that your brother peed in your eye.

You talking to me?? :lol: I wasn't the one that got it my eye. I have heard of urine being used for many ailments. I don't plan on trying it, even at a suggestion of my brother

Latest posts