peanut hulls

Help Support CattleToday:

A friend of mine got a contract to buy all the peanut hulls from some plant and I got some cows eat it but the calves don't. I did mix it with some corn gluten meal pellets and they ate it but weren't happy about it. I am thinking of mixing it with the brewers grain or make it hogs feed. He got 500 bags and is due to go back and get more in a week.

best way is to grind it with corn and ad a bag or two of dried molasses per mill.

Im curious what he is paying for bags. We always just took empty pnut wagons to the mill and they filled them up for like 40 bucks

skyhightree1":1tz0ub37 said:
A friend of mine got a contract to buy all the peanut hulls from some plant and I got some cows eat it but the calves don't. I did mix it with some corn gluten meal pellets and they ate it but weren't happy about it. I am thinking of mixing it with the brewers grain or make it hogs feed. He got 500 bags and is due to go back and get more in a week.

Like "Dash" said, mix them with something. Peanut hulls are little more than filler. Some will be guaranteed as high as 8% crude protein (got a few goobers still it them) but are only about 20% digestible so digestible protein will be less than 2%. But they'll be full. :lol:

M-5":2y13vcjj said:
best way is to grind it with corn and ad a bag or two of dried molasses per mill.

Im curious what he is paying for bags. We always just took empty pnut wagons to the mill and they filled them up for like 40 bucks

I think its something like 1.75pr bag I think he said but whatever quantity they have he has to buy it

TexasBred":2y13vcjj said:
skyhightree1":2y13vcjj said:

Like "Dash" said, mix them with something. Peanut hulls are little more than filler. Some will be guaranteed as high as 8% crude protein (got a few goobers still it them) but are only about 20% digestible so digestible protein will be less than 2%. But they'll be full. :lol:

It was windy this morning and boy that stuff sure blows with a big gust of wind lol It smells so good I want to eat it.

ohiosteve":2y13vcjj said:
I worked on a dairy in highschool that used them to bed tie stalls. They must've got em pretty cheap.

:lol2:

Just the hulls

PART_1460337295956_IMG_20160410_114016564_TOP_zpse1cbe0hs.jpg

with brewers grain mixed in

PART_1460337264048_IMG_20160410_114108128_TOP_zpsxtyfvx76.jpg

PART_1460337277987_IMG_20160410_114116259_zpsia7cmjap.jpg

Latest posts