Pay cut

Help Support CattleToday:

Bluestem

Reaction score
According to figures from the Texas Farm Bureau. In 1980 Farmers/Ranchers received .31 cents for every dollar spent on food. Today we receive .19 cents.

Interesting numbers and I feel it. Have listened to a lot of friends talk about how high cattle are, I disagreed with them since I look at my costs. Three years ago I could fill up my diesel tank with one heifer sale, now I got to sell three. Went to the corn bin Friday and got some corn to feed some calves. To account for this I checked the spot price when I weighed out, $5.09/bushel - it had gone up 6 cents from the time I weighed in and weighed out. Just goes to show, it pays to get up early.

Bluestem":1frenai2 said:
According to figures from the Texas Farm Bureau. In 1980 Farmers/Ranchers received .31 cents for every dollar spent on food. Today we receive .19 cents.

:shock: Well, I was in a good mood....... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Darhawk":1v3hjo74 said:
Bluestem":1v3hjo74 said:

:shock: Well, I was in a good mood....... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Kind of makes you want to keep all the food for your self doesn't it? :mad: Only those of us with regular jobs could do that.

Latest posts