pasture

Help Support CattleToday:

Some do not agree with my methods of planting and pasture care but its definitely working out for me

IMG_20161015_131757357_zpsqat4exwg.jpg

IMG_20161015_131704248_zpswwfaakrg.jpg

IMG_20161015_131815535_zpsvoc8u2bj.jpg

ClinchValley":33sf6b2r said:
Jealous! Hows it green? LOL. I thought VA would be brown too right now.

Still green for now maybe another month it will change.. 0 rolls unrolled just maintained

midTN_Brangusman":1lql6kzb said:
I rotate mine through winter but we do unroll hay. Doesn't create muddy feeding areas, less waste, improves the soil and seeds the pasture. Like gaprime said, put a roll out, if they don't mess with it, its not time.

I have a hay spear on my truck, installed a receiver hitch on the front and made a hay unroller very similar to this one in the link. It has been the best thing since sliced bred!

http://www.progressiveforage.com/fo...ssissippi-rancher-uses-homemade-bale-unroller

I'd be worried about all that seed and chaff getting sucked into the radiator and condenser on the truck.

bpatterson":1lql6kzb said:
New to having cattle on pasture when do I know when to start feeding hay. I live in central Indiana it's growing like crazy now but will soon be done.

Way too many variables to give a specific date.

Their motivation will tell you most of what you need to know. As mentioned, if they eat it, keep feeding, if it lays untouched, don't.

greybeard":2v2p3enf said:
midTN_Brangusman":2v2p3enf said:
I rotate mine through winter but we do unroll hay. Doesn't create muddy feeding areas, less waste, improves the soil and seeds the pasture. Like gaprime said, put a roll out, if they don't mess with it, its not time.

I have a hay spear on my truck, installed a receiver hitch on the front and made a hay unroller very similar to this one in the link. It has been the best thing since sliced bred!

http://www.progressiveforage.com/fo...ssissippi-rancher-uses-homemade-bale-unroller

That's pretty good--got a pic of yours?
In hard ground, is it possible to unroll a bale with a 4 wheeler using a setup similar to that or not enough traction?

I will get a picture greybeard. A four wheeler shouldn't have any trouble, heck we use to unroll them by hand.

Latest posts